Chapter 4 - The Present

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Vampire Diaries, they belong to the writers of the show.

Bonnie's POV

It had now been three weeks since she performed the spell, she hadn't seen Ayana since before Elena had travelled to the past, but she come to the conclusion that everything was fine because if it wasn't she would have noticed things around her change. Except for the Salvatore's, she couldn't keep explaining to them again and again about where Elena was. If she was being honest with herself she didn't even know where in the past Elena was, Ayana hadn't exactly given her a guide on the spell and how it would play out.

She had finally been blessed with a message from the other side, and she was following the order of things, she couldn't tell them anything and the only person who could wasn't here.

.

.

.

"Bonnie, where is she!? How do we get her back? What if she is stuck there!" Damon had been shouting at her furiously since he found out that she had sent her best friend to the past.

"Damon! Back off she is safe! She is where she is supposed to be and once she does what she is supposed to, she will come back" trying to keep her temper in check, resisting to fry a certain vampires brain. was she really sure though, she had trusted her ancestors willingly, hoping in some way that sending her friend through time would be the answer they were all looking for.

"Why did you send her there in the first place! Why didn't you tell us!" Damon had stalked even closer to Bonnie's face noses practically touching, but she didn't back down or lose eye contact. She saw how he always controlled Elena, he didn't listen and he never would, everything about him screamed 'selfish', although she knew that he would do anything for Elena to keep her safe, he couldn't be trusted. Damon was reckless and a hindrance to her best friend and it was because of Elena and Stefan that she hadn't staked him yet..

She had stared him down and giving him a quick reminder of who he was talking to, Damon was groaning and crouching close to the ground holding his head in pain, she was giving him an aneurysm for just being...Damon.

"I sent her there because I had to, Ayana told me too, just like when Emily contacted me before. Why should I tell you anything...you wouldn't have let her go. You would have stopped her and you wouldn't have given her a choice!" Bonnie was at breaking point, she was worried about Elena and she was hoping that she would return soon, Elena was the one to diffuse the Salvatore's, but she wasn't the woman of their affection.

Stefan stepped in this time, hoping to calm her down and get his brother in line. She had just told them that Elena was somewhere in the past, but didn't say where in time. Ayana warned her not to reveal to much, with Esther still somewhere she couldn't let it slip that Elena was back in the past trying to find a way to stop Esther from killing her children, and the entire vampire race.

Stefan spoke up trying to be the voice of reason "Damon...Bonnie's right, you wouldn't have let her go, if what she's saying is right, it had to happen anyway. She's doing this to save us, if Esther gets her way she will make vampires extinct."

Shrugging off Stefan's hands, Damon just shook his head and started to walk away, clearly there wasn't anything he could do now, he couldn't bring her back anyway.

.

.

.

Bonnie had kept everyone else at bay so far, claiming that Elena was where she was supposed to, not exactly a lie but she definitely couldn't reveal the truth. This was a way to stop Esther, the less they knew the better and less chance of Esther finding out this plan. Almost a month without Elena was a long time, it had to be explained away that she had family matters to attend to in Denver, everyone just assumed it was because of Jeremy.