Chapter Five - Angelo's Humble Abode

ابدأ من البداية

Then the scene shifted, and I was standing in abandoned warehouse in a pool of blood. I traced the stream that it came from, and my eyes widened at the body of Vince, a metal pole sticking through his chest. It was his blood that I was standing in. I quickly averted my eyes to only have them land on another body, one with neatly kept, light brown hair. It was Antonio. A bullet hole between his eyes, and stab wounds covered his body. What I didn't notice before was that Vince's blood and Antonio's mixed together. I was standing in both of their blood.

I turned around, hoping to avoid looking at them any longer, but to only find myself gazing at another body. Only the whites of Angelo's eyes shown, and they were staring directly at me. His hands were bound together by chains hanging from the ceiling, and only the tips of his toes were able to touch the ground. His body swayed back and forth, the chains letting out a creaking sound every time his body swung. His body was covered in deep gashes, blood dripped to the floor.

Gilberto walked from behind Angelo's body, his gun pointed directly between my eyes. A cruel smile stretching his cheeks. "Look at what you done, pattuna."

All of a sudden, Angelo's body stiffened. The chains from the ceiling broke, and he landed on his feet. He walked toward me, and stopped right in front of me. The white's of his eyes were still showing, and he spoke, "you have started a war, bambina, and I will make sure you fucking finish it." His whole body began to shake, and he collapsed onto the floor.

I looked at Gilberto the same time he pulled the trigger, and I screamed.

I jolted awake, still screaming, and it made Antonio swerve the car, almost running off the road.

"Jesus, woman." Antonio quickly corrected the car, and once things were settled, he looked at me. "You okay, bambina?"

I forced myself to look at him, my heart threatening to break out of my rib cage. My mind flashing back to my nightmare, of him pushing the gun closer to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I forced the words out of my throat between clenched teeth. The truth was, I was beyond terrified. His face gave away that he didn't believe me, but he let the subject drop, and turned his gaze onto the road.

"I'm glad you're okay, because I'm not." He put his left hand over his heart. "I'm pretty sure you sent my heart into cardiac arrest."

"You would be dead by now if that were true."

He stretched his left arm till it was fully extended. "My left arm is hurting. Isn't that like a sign of a heart attack? Am I dying?"

"Stop being dramatic, you're giving me a headache." I said.

He puckered his lips. "I think I am worth every headache I give."

That one got to me, and I bursted out laughing.

"Okay, that was good." I said when I sobered up. I looked down at my lap, my hands clasped together. Laughter was the farthest thing on my mind now, and my nightmares still had a strong hold on me. I glanced at Antonio. "Can I ask you a question?"

He clenched his jaw. "That depends. Does it have to do with what we discussed earlier?"

"No."

"Then, asked away." He waved his arm in the air.

"Are my parents going to die because of me?" The question was met with silence.

After a few moments, Antonio broke it. "That's such a heavy question, but I can let Angelo know about your fears. I can't promise, however, that he will do anything about it."