Chapter 1 - Message From Beyond

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Vampire Diaries, they belong to the writers of the show.

After the dreams of her ancestor Emily, Bonnie never thought she would have to go through that nightmare again. This time though, it wasn't Emily who appeared before her.

"My Dearest Bonnie" the feminine voice said

"Wh..who are you?" Said Bonnie as she she started to toss and turn in her sleep.

"I need your help, Bonnie. You are all in danger."

"What do..do you mean?" Bonnie asked weary and also worried that her friends and herself could be in danger.

"Esther has returned, fuelled by anger, she wants to rid the world of Vampires."

"Isn't that a good thing?! Vampires aren't of nature anyway" Bonnie was getting irate, she disliked Vampires and even though she was surrounded by them, it didn't mean she wanted them around. She was brought up by her grams to be a servant of nature, and Vampires goes against that.

"It has been over a 1000 years since Vampires were created, it may of been against nature in the beginning but now nature has found a balance where they can exist. If Esther succeeds and rids the world of Vampires, there will be no more balance. If she kills her children she will kill all Vampires." Although she had patience, Ayana needed Bonnie's help and soon.

"Bonnie, I need your help, we don't have much time, there is a spell in your grimoire. It will be ready for you when you awaken" Ayana was beginning to rush and she started to fade away in Bonnie's dreams, with Esther on the side of the living, she couldn't risk asking for help from Bonnie any other way than in her dreams.

When Bonnie later woke up, she couldn't believe what had happened, and in all honesty she knew it had happened because with her dreams they weren't normally coincidences. Instantly reminding herself of her last words.

It will be ready for you when you awaken

She quickly ran over to her desk and saw her grimoire was open to a certain page, she glazed over it quickly while muttering to herself. She quickly picks up her phone and sends a text to Elena asking her to meet her in the morning.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few hours later...

Elena arrived at Bonnie's house, anxious to tell her of what Esther had been planning last night. She had lost the opportunity to kill Klaus, because what Esther was expecting of her was too much. Killing Klaus meant killing all of the originals, one in particular, Elijah. She couldn't do that.

.

.

.

Flashback

While standing in the main hall, Elena stood looking around as Elijah had approached her. 

"And for what reason did she need to speak with you in private? Elena? Should I be concerned about my mother's intentions?" 

Knowing that Esther was watching and that Finn, an Original was observing, listening to their conversation. It left little opportunity to say anything. Elena quickly tried to think of something Elijah would believe until she could do something to stop what was about to happen. The only thing that came to mind was "She just wanted to apologise for trying to have me killed."

Esther had warned that Elijah would be more suspicious than his siblings. So she knew that he would need more persuading. He asked for assurance "So it's true, then? She's forgiven Klaus?" All Elena could do was nod and say it was true.