the one with the good girl and the bad boy

hella long, time skips, probably terrible. enjoy yeet

Kaycee. 

There really was no word to describe her that fit better than good. Glasses she had to push up occasionally because they slid too far down her face, eyes bright when she scanned over books, grades more immaculate than her stunningly neat room, hair always pulled back in a braid, under a beanie, teacher's pet, Honor Society President, Student Council President, and total nerd. She lived her life in the shadows, but didn't care, because she had a Bigger Plan. Georgetown was her goal. She was getting out of this stupid country deadbeat town and moving on, and never coming back. Deep down, if you asked her, she was sad she hadn't found anything to make her miss it, because in the bios of billionaires she read, they all said the most rewarding experience was visiting their hometowns after they made it big for the first time. But you could never tell.

She was the good girl to end all good girls. That was just who she was.

Sean.

There was no really no word to describe him that fit better than bad. Captain of the football team, barely passing his classes just for the sole purpose of staying on the team, going to college for free on a scholarship, smoking behind the school during study halls, cutting classes, hazing freshmen, shoving kids into lockers as he walked in the halls with his friends, basically the bad boy out of every cliche high school movie scene. The only thing he ever loved was his varsity jacket. Every girl loved him, even though he'd fooled around with them and dropped them later, and every guy wanted to be him. This stupid country deadbeat town was his endgame, and deep down, if you asked him, he was afraid of what would happen when he walked across the stage, but you'd never know it.

He was the bad boy to end all bad boys. That was just who he was.

***********************************************************************************************

"What do you mean, I don't have enough service hours for Georgetown?" Kaycee shrieked at her principal. The man raised his eyebrows and squinted at his screen, then flipped it around to show her. "For admission, they require at least 200 per year of high school, and this year, you've only logged 184."

"W-well can I fix it?" she cried in disbelief. All this time, all this work, this was literally her one dream. She had no backup plan. "I can't not go," she shook her hands frantically. "This is my dream."

"Come on, Kaycee," her principal sighed. "You're valedictorian. Captain of the cheer squad. A State champion. A National Merit scholar. You've had all As your whole time here, any college would love to have you, you have so many awards ranked, is just staying in town so bad?"

"Yes," Kaycee said flatly. "It is. You can't change my mind, Hills." The principal winced as the tiny brunette called his last name out dryly. "I'm going to Georgetown, that's my dream school, and I'm getting in."

"Can't," Mr. Hills smiled smugly at the girl. All these years, she'd haggled with him over APs, test scores, deadlines, and teachers, and she'd outsmarted every last person in these hallways. She called him out when he tried to fudge some SAT scores for that quarterback Sean Lew, she'd called him out when he'd cut pay from the guidance counselors to fund the football team, and she'd called him out when he'd tried to suspend her the week he let the football team cut school to get rest for the state championship game. 

"They're not even good," she'd deadpanned. "We cheer for idiots."

In short, Kaycee Rice was the Krypton of every poor high school teacher. And he needed to get rid of her. Georgetown was all too close, as far as he was concerned. Hell, he wanted to see her get on a plane to some boarding school in France with her sister and never come back.