the one with prom

hi so this one might be a lil longer don't hate me ok sry let's hop to it

dedicated to my bestie seayceetings

Kaycee

_______

"HE SAID WHAT?" Tahani shrieked, lurching off the bed and shaking her best friend. "AND YOU'RE NOT MAD AT HIM?!"

"I can't be," Kaycee shrugged, ignoring the hurt in the pit of her stomach. "We're professionals, T. This is how it has to be sometimes."

"Well, yeah," Tahani frowned. "But this is prom, Kaycee! If this were Josh, I'd make him fly back here and take my ass with him to prom. Then sex, and then he'd get to go back."

Kaycee rolled her eyes. "Don't you think that's what I want, T?" Tahani raised her eyebrows and waggled them. "Without the sex part," Kaycee quickly added. "Ew."

"Don't act like you and Sean ain't done the nasty," Tahani teased her friend. "I mean, he did tell, like, the universe, he was gonna give you the best sex ever."

"SHUT UP!" Kaycee screamed, wacking her friend with a pillow. "That's not the point."

"Right," Tahani sighed, again looking agitated, her glee at abusing Sean and Kaycee's PG-13 teaser wearing off. "The point, my friend, is that your boyfriend is missing your prom because of his stupid dance thingy. Don't you care?"

"I did care," Kaycee rolled her eyes. "You know that. I just can't be sad over it anymore. I got my tears out, and nothing's changing, so I just have to accept it and move on."

"Still," Tahani said. "I feel bad. Everyone in our group's gonna have a date."

"I'll be fine," Kaycee grinned. "We were just going as friends anyway."

"Damn," Tahani groaned. "We had a bet going it was gonna take less than two minutes into afterprom for that to escalate."

"Shut up," Kaycee giggled. "We're just friends."

"Don't lie, girl," Tahani cackled. "I'm your best friend. We literally have discussions on how long it's gonna take your entire fan base to crack the code. Angel emojis? Really? He's feeling bold bold," she laughed, waving her hand about airily. Sensing her friend's lurking sadness, Tahani draped a hand around Kaycee and hugged her. "Hey, at least your feelings get to stay safe for longer, right? They were gonna lose it when they saw you guys together."

"I guess," Kaycee sighed, flopping back onto the bed. "If he really liked me, you know he'd come back."

"Prom changes everything, Kayc," Tahani tried. "It forces a lot of guys to be out in the open and forward with what they're feeling."

"Even if it does," Kaycee sighed, pulling her feet to her chest and hugging her knees, "He's not coming back."

"Maybe he's just not ready to tell you how he feels," Tahani consoled the smaller brunette. "Sean's weird about stuff like that, you know."

"HE DID TELL ME!" Kaycee moaned, throwing the pillow over her face. "But I freaked out, remember? In that stupid moment after the Cut."

"I remember," Tahani winced. "I was trying not to bring that up."

"I was the one who wasn't ready," Kaycee sighed. "I just wish I'd realized then that I was."

"I'm pretty sure everyone watching you guys then could sense that he did, and so can everyone watching you now," Tahani said comfortingly. "It's no secret you guys are closer now than you were then, and what you were then was a level most partners finish at," she smiled. "It's definitely still there."