Chatper 3

Chapter 3:

I woke up the next morning to the smell of fresh cooked bread. I hooped out of bed and slid my rob on. As I was doing so I looked out to see that it was about 7, 8 o'clock in the morning.

Umm. That's weird I thought to myself. Why is Peeta up so early?

As if answering my question, I walk down stairs to find Peeta on the phone with Dr. Spears. I don't really pay attention to what they're saying but I can tell that something happened to Peeta last night after I fell back asleep. He is all jittery this morning. He's talking 100 mph on the phone. He sets the freshly cook bread down on the counter.

"What could it mean?!" he says into the phone. I wonder how long they've been talking. I walk up to Peeta, he still hasn't noticed I'm awake. I quitely grab his hand in mine to show I'm here for support too. He looks down at me and I can see all the confusion just flush right out of his eyes. He smiles and kisses my forehead. He mouths, "Good Morning." to me. I just smile and wrap my arms around him. With his free hand, he wraps his arm around my shoulders and gives me a gentle squeeze.  Peeta stands there just smiling down at me.

I can hear Dr. Spears on the phone say, "Peeta? Are you still there?"

Then Peeta snaps back into reality. "Yes! I'm here!" he says into the phone. "Did you hear what I just said?" the doctor asks. "Umm, no sorry I missed it what did you say?" "I said maybe she's pregnant."

As I hear this, all I can think about is what I heard that little girl say in my dream, "Nobody can know about me. Nobody....."