Under Fire

The four women left the kitchen and found Lewis chatting amicably with their father, Marco and Ryo's agent. He glanced up at her and grinned, before looking over towards Ryo. Rachel's eyebrows shot up upon seeing Ryo listening to whatever Sylvio and Nadia say while they sat at the children's table. Rachel walked over. "So, what are you guys talking about?"

"I want to watch Gundam, and Macross, and Eureka Seven, and Metal Armor Dragonar, and Neon Genosos Evangolon..."

"Genesis Evangelion..." Ryo corrected.

"A lot of awesome cartoons about outer space and what Uncle Lance is doing !"

"So, you're into cartoons?" Rachel laughed.

"Voice acting is one of the things I do."

"Oh."

Nadia tugged on the sleeve of Rachel's jacket. "He does the Japanese voice for Shino!"

"Hey, isn't that your favorite show and favorite character."

"Uh-huh." Nadia then said, "My Aunt Rae-Rae is dating my favorite character, so does that make you Kanna?"

"I am not sure what that means?"

Nadia opened her mouth to answer the question, but Ryo was a bit quicker. "Could I possibly answer that one later?"

"Ugh. Mushy stuff." Sylvio's eyes rolled.

"Oh. Romantic love interest, huh?" Rachel watched Nadia nod her head ecstatically.

"Can you both sit with us Aunt Rae-Rae?"

Sylvio's eyes widened. "I'll let you join us if you promise no mushy stuff."

Ryo looked up at her. "I don't mind."

"Well..." Rachel turned and looked at her mother who was still placing food on the table with the help of Lisa. "You'll need to ask abuela if that's okay." She watched the two rush over in excitement while Ryo stood up. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"How did you get to be so good with kids?"

"Honest truth?" Ryo let out a sigh. "I honestly enjoy being with the younger kids in my family as they're not caught up in the family politics, but I think a little of it comes from Takashi. He's had plenty of reason to lose patience with me over the years, but the only time was when it came to Keith."

Rachel watched her nephew and nieces' faces light up. They turned and rushed over with the news that Rachel's mother gave her blessing, but the look on Lewis' face indicated he was starting to warm up to Ryo simply by watching him interact with his kids. They sat down and started passing the food around. Ryo helped Nadia dish up her food.

"So, when do you plan on asking for Rachel's hand in marriage."

Ryo's eyes widened. Rachel leaned into the palm of her hand and hid her face. "I'm so sorry."

Nadia reached out and tugged on Ryo's slave. "When will you marry Aunt Rae-Rae and become a... a..."

"Permeant part of the family." Marco turned around enjoying the conversation, but Ryo's agent seemed amused by the direction the conversation was going.

"That."

"Not until after seinijshiki at least."

Rachel peeked through her fingers and saw Ryo's face turn a bright red. Lewis glanced up from his food in confusion "Sei... what?"

"Seinijshiki is the coming of age ceremony in Japan," Ryo's agent answered.

"Oh." Marco let out a laugh and looked at her in amusement. "So Rachel is a crib robber?"