Realization

"I honestly think you're being too hard on him."

"Shut up Marco."

"No, seriously. There are plenty of other celebrities you should be getting mad at, such as the ones who don't believe what the garrison says, or who think we should take a route. And then there are the ones who are using what's going on to bring more attention to himself."

"Marco..."

"Unlike them, he's not made a public appearance. He's been avoiding the public eye but keeping his support to the songs he's releasing and asking others to support Voltron as well. Most importantly, he didn't do anything wrong, Rae. What's really going on is you're looking for a scapegoat to take your frustrations out on, and that's just not fair, let alone right."

Rachel hated when her older brothers were right. Unlike Lance who tended to almost never be right, her older brothers almost always were. It was even more infuriating when it came from Marco who was the least serious of the siblings. Sure, Lance was known for his pranks, but he didn't do them to the level Lewis ever did, not to mention Lance's pranks often involved getting revenge or just being stupid.

She found herself walking in the memorial gardens again knowing full well she did, in fact, need to apologize to Ryo. The garden was a quiet place, so finding herself here didn't surprise her. What did was the fact the memorial garden wasn't as quiet as it normally was and she found herself following the sound, but when she got closer she saw someone crying.

She froze upon seeing the person was Ryo. She at first hesitated but eventually walked over to him. "Are you okay?"

"What do you..." Ryo clamped his mouth shut, but shut off the tears. He finally opened his mouth and said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you."

"Seriously, what's wrong." Rachel watched Ryo turn and look at her.

"I can't tell you."

"Why? Because you were sworn to secrecy?" Rachel tried putting a humorous tone to her voice in hopes of lightening the mood.

"No. Because I like you and don't want to hurt you." What Ryo said made her eyes blinked, but realization quickly set in with him regarding what he said out loud. A blush started appearing on his cheeks, but she didn't think the fact he looked paler than normal didn't help hide his embarrassment. He stood up quickly, but his voice cracked as he spoke. "I've got to go."

"Wait."

"I really meant what I said, but.." Ryo's voice was inflicted with obvious panic. "I really, really didn't write that song about you. It was about something else entirely. Someone else's feelings for someone else." He glanced away. "I've got to go."

Rachel opened her mouth, but he bolted before she could say anything. She found herself wandering again, wishing she'd not come and visited her sister at the garrison only to completely avoid Veronica instead. "In latest news..."

Her head jolted up and her mouth twisted slightly. In front of her was the lounge for senior cadets. To her surprise, a couple of actual aliens and a robot were standing there with the cadets. One of the girls let out a sigh. "Let me guess, more rumors?"

"... fans of Doroganhanta speculate the reason he's not physically appeared is because he is, in fact, one of the missing cadets, Keith Kagone. They speculate the garrison is receiving the songs directly from Voltron."

"They don't know," the purple alien said.

The yellow one shook her head. "I don't think so."

"Kinkade, you didn't spread that rumor did you?"