Disgust

"I want to talk to this Doragonhanta person now."

Victoria glanced up from her computer at Rachel in confusion. "Whatever for?"

"Who does he think he is, utilizing our family's pain like he is Victoria?"

Rachel watched Victoria look at her through her eyeglasses. "I honestly don't know what you're getting at."

"He's utilizing the reveal in order to get back in the spotlight, isn't he? There is no way though he can understand how any of us who are waiting for our family member to come back feel. He can't understand how we feel about our family member potentially dying out there."

The corner of Victoria's mouth twisted in amusement. "What's this? I thought you hated Lance. Didn't you always find him embarrassing?"

"Stop brushing off my concerns."

"I'm not. I think it's funny that you say he can't understand."

"Well, he can't. He doesn't have family members out there, does he?"

Victoria let out a sigh and waved her hand indicating Rachel should leave. "I've got more important things to do. I don't have time to listen to one of your inane rants, albeit it is nice to hear you ranting about someone other than our youngest sibling for a change."

"Some help you are." Rachel turned on her heels. She fingered her visitor's pass and started walking towards the cafeteria. The garrison gave the families of the missing cadets who were apparently no longer missing quite a bit of freedom, and yet the freedom given didn't make the missteps the garrison made regarding certain sensitive matters any better.

She found Marco there with their nephew and niece enjoying a meal while some of the cadets milled around. He joked around with the two kids and kept their morals high. He heard her approaching and pointed at a tray of food. "Got you something to eat Rae."

"I'm not hungry." She sat down. "Victoria wouldn't listen to what I have to say."

Marco took a deep breath before leaning in so he could speak to her in a whisper so their nephew and niece couldn't hear what he had to say. "Look, what's wrong with trying to keep everyone's morale up. Someone has to do it."

This made her glare at her brother as if he'd grown a second head before she proceeded to poke the food in front of her. A few female cadets passed by their table near enough that they could hear what they were saying. "I hear that pop idol person's moved onto the base with permission from the garrison."

"Really, you think we can catch a glimpse of him."

Rachel pushed her lips together and set her fork down as the two girls continued talking, but she started hearing their words even less. "I don't know. The garrison is working on keeping him under tight wraps. Apparently even before he disappeared everything regarding him was under tight wraps."

"Weird, but he's kind of cute."

"Not cute at all," Rachel muttered. "And I'm going to have a word with him about how I feel."

One of Marco's eyebrows shot up. "Please tell me you're not going to do something rash and stupid?"

"I'm doing what needs to be done." Rachel continued glaring at him.

"Rae, sit for a second."

It was then that she realized she stood up and that quite a few cadets were staring at her. She sat down and her niece stood up so she could walk over and tug on Rachel's sleeve. Rachel turned and looked at Nadia's adoring eyes. "What's the matter, Aunt Rae-Rae?"

"Aunt Rae's just worried about Uncle Lance."

Sylvio's words made Luic's eyebrow rise up, but he gave Rae a rather pointed look telling her she should tread carefully around their younger family members regarding what she said. He cleared his throat and spoke in a low tone after Nadia went back to the other side of the table to sit with her older brother. "Look. Lance is the one who does the rash things, not you Rae. I think you're getting overly worked up about this."

"I wish he was here, but how could he possibly understand."

"It's not about understanding."

"He's speaking for us. Telling the public how to think about the whole..." She realized she raised her voice.

"The whole what?" Sylvio and Nadia looked rather curious. "What are you and Uncle Lu talking about."

Marco looked up at the ceiling while Rachel's jaw dropped slightly. She honestly wasn't sure of what she should say to the two. A grin spread across his face and he leaned forward. "The whole alien business. We were just discussing your Uncle Lance flirting with all the alien chicks he finds."

"Sounds like Uncle Lance," Sylvio spoke through a mouth full of food.

Nadia let out a laugh and pointed at Rachel's face. "Is that why you're upset Aunt Rae-Rae? I think Uncle Lance trying to hit on alien girls is funny."

Rachel let out a deep sigh and turned to look at Marco in exasperation. "What have you taught them?"

"What do you mean?" Marco shrugged his shoulders.

"I mean you've taught them Lance's flirting with girls is funny when it's not."

"He always fails at picking up chicks. You know that, and the expression on his darling face is so amusing."

"I don't find it amusing, particularly when he hasn't realized he keeps failing because his flirting at times borders on sexual harassment. That's why it isn't funny."

"What's sexual harassment?" Sylvio asked the question, but Nadia was obviously curious as well.

"Thanks, Rae." Marco returned her look of exasperation. He turned and smiled at Sylvio. "Hey sport, would you ever, ever flirt with a girl like your Uncle Lance does?"

"Hell no! I'm going to be a perfect gentleman like you and dad. I'm going to be a perfect ladies' man."

Rachel watched Marco slap his forehead and let out a groan. "Look what you've done? How are you going to undo this one?"

"Isn't a ladies' man a guy who does nice things for girls simply because that's the right thing to do."

Marco turned and looked Rachel in the eye. "Yup that's what a ladies' man is, isn't it?"

"Um, yeah..." Rachel put a fake smile onto her face. "That's what a proper gentleman does Sylvio, so good job."

She watched her nephew smile. Another group of cadets walked by. "Seriously. I heard that Doragonhanta was already quite the ladies' man, so why did he have to go and write a romance song."

"Was it really a romance song?"

"All of the girls say it is. He did mostly songs for Anime before that."

"Anime. Really. Is he an otaku."

Rachel felt her mouth twist slightly and she stood up again. This time she left the cafeteria, but she heard Marco call out after her. "Oh, come on Rae."