He found himself breathless as he approached himself. Mirror. That's what it was, a full length one. Silly to think that he had been afraid of his own reflection. Reality was harsh when he came to realize that he had never actually seen what he looked like until now. His eyes scanned his reflection, cold eyes meeting cold eyes. Levi felt hideous and disgusting. He not only looked like a mess but was dressed like a... like some kind of prostitute. That's not all, his hair was uneven too. Oh, he would fix all of this. He couldn't believe that he lived this way and looked like this.

            Wait. There was something he had to see. The things that made people stare at him. The things that made him different. The things that were called wings. The wings that were tucked in his back. Levi turned around so that his back was facing the mirror. He could see what everyone else had been seeing. All of him, all of Levi. He frowned at the scars on his back and gave a low hum when he brushed then with his hand. Those scars were right where his wings were, that crossed each other evenly. This was the moment. Levi watched carefully as he untucked his wings. They were tucked ever since he got into the car with Eren earlier. It would have been a nice feeling to stretch them had Levi not been so... shocked? He had no idea how to express his feelings (he never had). He watched them expand elegantly, beautifully. White and black, feathered harmony. Levi took several minutes to gaze at himself before he felt uncomfortable again. He decided to turn off the lights and head back upstairs. It was time for a change.

            He opened drawers and cabinets in the kitchen, he didn't find what he was looking for. He spent ten minutes looking for scissors and found an electric razor in the bathroom. He stood there, in front of the bathroom mirror, brought the scissors up to his face. Cut. There goes one strand. Snip. There goes another. With every swipe from his scissors hair fell. Levi parted his hair. He turned on the electric razor and with a low buzz, Levi started to shave off hair from his head.

            After Levi swept the floor, he found himself in the laundry room. He shuffled through the clean clothes, refolding most of it, looking for something to change into. Levi was tired of wearing practically nothing, plus, he wanted to take another shower. He had hair bits everywhere. He settled for some plaid pajamas that were red, black and gray. A quick dash up the stairs, light steps in the hall, Levi was in the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and took off his- whatever clothes. He opened the shower curtain and froze. There were two handles. Levi knew what this meant. Hanji told him about this before. Levi stepped into the shower and turned the handles on, and for the first time in Levi's life- he had hot water.

            Ten minutes later Levi came out smelling like strawberries and soap. He dried himself off with a towel and then slipped into the pajamas that he brought. I'm sure he won't mind. After all, I have nothing else to wear. Levi folded his towel, unsure of what to with the clothing he wearing, he folded them and laid it on the end of his bed. Levi then walked down the stairs. Eren has been gone for a long time... Where did he go? Levi shrugged, Why should I care how long he's gone or where he went. Levi fell onto the leather couch, sitting up straight, getting comfortable. It was peaceful here. Would it be peaceful with Eren here too? Guess he'd have to see if the brat was worth befriending.

            From where he lay on the couch and the way it was positioned in the room, he could see the front door.  I could go. Now. Leave and not come back. Freedom was literally right outside the door and it was all too tempting. Nothing was stopping him. No one was here... He could get away with it, but... Where would I go? I don't know where I am. How would I survive? Levi felt conflicted, he wanted to go, yet, he wanted to stay and see if everything would work out. Maybe if he found Hanji, she'd help him? The problem with that is... she's annoying and won't shut up.