Chapter 18 "Don't Remember...Sorry"

*Spencer's POV*

The ambulance soon arrived to the hospital and as we were pulling in. I saw Brendon's car swing into the parking lot. He stepped out and so did Dallon.

They wheeled Lilah into the hospital as fast as possible. They told me visitors were allowed inside in about an hour to see her. We walked inside and I delivered the news to Dallon and Brendon.

"Its all my fault. If I wasn't drunk or at the party or never gotten that text, Lilah would still be here perfectly fine." Dallon said starting to cry. Brendon pulled him into a hug and Dallon continued to sob into Brendon's shoulder.

We sat in the waiting room for five hours, not daring to leave until we knew Lilah was okay. Talia had joined us a few hours ago and she stopped crying only an hour ago.

*Lilah's POV*

All I could see was darkness. I could hear everything around me though. I knew I was not okay. I shouldn't have cut. I know I shouldn't have. Thank god I heard Spencer, but too bad I was already unconscious.

I heard someone step into the room. They started talking to me like I was awake. I recognized the voice. It was Brendon. I heard two other voices. Talia and Spencer. And a fourth voice that I couldn't really tell who it belonged to. All I could hear was Brendon whispering to me that I'm going to be fine. Everyone else hadn't said a word yet. I could only hear them crying. I need to wake up. I need to comfort them and tell them I'm fine.

Just then, Brendon began to sing while holding my hand.

"I may never sleep tonight. As long as you're still burning bright."

I could hear him cry as he tried to sing Trade Mistakes. I tried so hard to pull my eyes open. I needed to. At that exact moment in time. I must.

*Brendon's POV*

"...as long as you're still burning bright. If I could trade mistakes for sheep, count me away before you sleep." I paused. I couldn't keep myself together anymore. I let my tears flow as fast as they wanted to. I could barely get out the last line of the song.

"I-I'll s-stay awake til I t-trade my..." I couldn't do it until I heard a small raspy voice finish the song for me.

"Til I-I trade my mistakes so they fade a-away..."

"Lilah!" Everyone in the room yelled at once. I hugged her and immediately the doctor walked in.

"Oh good to know you're awake young lady. You had us all so worried." Dr. Adams said. "Well I'll leave you guys alone and I'll come back in 30 minutes or so."

I couldn't help but cry of happiness. Dallon and Spence were crying too. Talia seemed to cry all the tears she could before, so now all she did was hug Lilah.

"Lilah! I'm so sorry this is all my fault! I never ment for this to happen. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me being an asshole to you and-" Lilah cut Dallon off his rant.

"Thank you for being sorry and I can tell you care about me...for some reason. But who are you?"

Dallon froze. "Y-You don't remember me?"

"No. I'm sorry if I should though."

Dallon still didn't move and I was at a loss for words. I ran out of her room to find the doctor. I found him and told him what happened. He said since she hit her head so hard when she collapsed, she's suffering from mild amnesia and her memories will come back eventually. I went back to her room to tell everyone the news.

"Hey guys. The doc said she has amnesia but its so mild that she will remember eventually." I said. Dallon barely perked up.

It was getting late and I decided to sleep at the hospital with Lilah while everyone went home. She let me sleep in her bed and a hugged her as tight as I could. I felt her fall asleep and soon I did too.

I just can't let her go again...

#####

I'm so sorry for this stupid short chapter, like you don't even understand how sorry I am. I just got busy with school and volleyball and life in general. My uncle is getting married next week so I don't really know when I'm gonna be able to write...sorry... School has been like hell. All my friends from middle school act like they're 5 years old again and my only friends are sophomores on the volleyball team...●﹏●

My only chance to write is at lunch...like right now...the bell is about to ring so I gotta go now...

Let me know what you think! (=^_^=)