Chapter 8 "Breakfast and Secrets"

*Lilah's POV*

I woke up on the couch to the smell of pancakes. Why is Brendon so obsessed with them?

"Hey, watcha makin?" I asked Brendon.

"Oh hey. I'm making pancakes for me and scrambled eggs for you and Dallon. He spent the night in my guest room and he hasn't come out since he ran up there last night, so I'm making his favorite breakfast to see if he will come out."

I feel bad. I feel like I'm the reason he hasn't come out. Is he scared of me? Did he not want to kiss? I should go see him.

"Hey Bren, I'm gonna go check on him and make sure he's okay." I said as I started to make my way upstairs.

"Okay. And the food is almost ready." He called back to me.

The guest room door was creaked open a little so I didn't bother to knock. It was pitch black so I turned on the lights. I could see Dallon curled up in a huge heap of the blanket with his eyes closed and his headphones on. I walked over to him and took a seat on his bed. I began stroking his long hair that was in his face. He opened his eyes and had a terrified look an his face as he swatted my hand away.

"What's wrong Dall? Why haven't you come out yet" I asked.

"I kissed you. I kissed my best friends sister. People really aren't supposed to do that!" he spat at me.

"Dall, its okay. Bren doesn't know. I didn't tell him. Don't worry."

"But I shouldn't have kissed you at all." he said turning over so I couldn't see his face anymore.

"Dallon? Dallon, did you know that I enjoyed the kiss? I really like you."

"What?" He said turning around. "Really?"

"Yeah, of course. Who wouldn't like you?" I asked.

"A lot of people. You'd be surprised how many people hate me..."

"Well I'm not one of them! That's what matters! I know Brendon and Spencer definitely don't hate you!" I said.

Then I leaned in for a kiss. He kissed back and we both pulled away and went in for a hug.

"So, uh...does this mean...we're together? Like a couple?" he asked, still not letting go of our hug.

"Yeah if you want to. But I don't think we should tell anyone just yet. Especially not Brendon." I said warning him. He agreed and I gave him a quick peck on his cheek.

"Okay then. Let's go eat! Brendon made your favorite!"

"Yes!! Okay let's go!" he said getting off of his bed grabbing his phone and reaching for my hand.

"No...we can't do that remember?" I asked jokingly.

"Yeah sorry. Okay let's go now."

We made our way downstairs. When I reached the kitchen, I called out to Brendon, "Guess who got out of bed!"

"Dall, hey! Glad you're feeling better!" Brendon said as he hugged him.

We began to eat and within a matter of minutes, we were full. Brendon offered to clean up and Dallon and I went to the couch. We sat on opposite sides so we didn't look suspicious and put on "Spiderman" because it was my favorite movie. Brendon joined to watch the movie and sat between us. I began to drift off and rested my head on my brother's shoulder.

~~~

I was shaken awake by Dallon.

"We have to go to the studio and you need to come. Spencer is gonna be there too. We have to write and record a new song. We haven't worked on a new one in a while." he said.

I hopped off my seat on the couch and ran to my room to get dressed. I did light makeup and walked downstairs with my stuff and saw the boys waiting for me. They both started to giggle at me.

"What?"

"Well," Brendon began, "Did you comb your hair?" he asked while playing with the black mop of hair on my head. I fixed it and walked to the car with Dallon.

"I like your shirt." He said.

"Oh thanks...." I said looking at my shirt. I realized I had put on my Brobecks shirt. "Oh sorry. I'll go change."

"No its fine. You look fine." He said, which made me blush a little.

"Thanks." I said as Brendon came out to join us in the car.

~~At the studio~~~

"It was always you falling for me, now, there's always time, calling for me, I am the light blinking at the end of the road..." I heard the guys sing from the sound booth. They paused. I heard them talking about needing another line so I pushed the button so they could hear me and said, "Blink back to let me know."

"What?" All of them said at once.

"That could be the next line," was all I could say. They looked at each other and then at me and said it fit perfectly.

All I could do was smile. I just helped my favorite band finish a song. I helped my brother and secret boyfriend write a song! Watch out the fangirl is back!

#####

Hey if its your birthday when you are reading this...Happy Birthday!