CHAPTER 6 - It Must Be Paris

"Where are you headed sir?" The driver asked.

"Paris." Chase replied.

"Excuse me?" The driver said shockingly. "Oh I mean, JFK and fast!" He said as he struggles to find something in his briefcase. "Sir, are you looking for this?" The driver said as he hands him his passport. "Thank you, Thomas!" Chase exclaimed and settled in the back and did some emails on his phone.

When he got to the airport he was transported to the private plane hangars by Thomas. "Thanks again, Thomas!" Chase said and ran towards the private plane that was all set for him. "Good morning, sir." The stewardess greeted him as he entered the plane.

After a few hours he finally arrives in Paris, France. He went straight to Hotel Fouquet's Barriere where he got a suite and rested before he went looking for Isabella.

He called up his private investigator and asked for Isabella's information. "Sir, believe me, it was hard getting this information." His private investigator said. "I owe you big time, John." He said.

Chase leaves the hotel and rents a town car. They head to this private secluded lane just in Paris, France. They drive up to "Paris 16th" and he slowly goes out of the car and rings the doorbell.

"Qui est à la porte? (Who's at the door?)" A man said and it was probably the butler. "Chase Everett of C. Everett Architecture." Chase said as he speaks on the machine. "Attendez une minute. (Hold on a minute.)" The butler said. "Qui cherchez-vous , monsieur ? (Who are you looking for, sir?)" The butler asked. "Je suis à la recherche pour Isabelle Martin. (I'm looking for Isabella Martin.)" Chase replied. "Une minute s'il vous plaît. (One moment please.)" The butler said.

Chase waited for a couple of minutes. "Je suis désolé, monsieur , mais elle n'est pas disponible pour le moment. (I'm sorry sir but she is unavailable at the moment.)" The butler said. "Il doit y avoir un malentendu , Isabelle Martin . La fille d'Olivier Martin. (There must be a misunderstanding, Isabella Martin, the daughter of Olivier Martin.)" Chase exclaimed.

The butler was exclaiming in French and Chase found some other way to enter the house. He climbed over the leaf wall and as he fell, he noticed everyone was looking at him and yes, it was indeed a dinner party. "Uhm, hi everyone?" Chase said awkwardly and then two butlers rushed in and grabbed his arms. "Attendez ! Je sais que ce gars-là. (Hold on! I know that guy.)" Isabella came rushing in and saw Chase. "Comment savez-vous ce voleur , Isabella ? (How do you know this thief, Isabella?)" A man with a deep voice asked Isabella. "He's my friend from New York, dad." Isabella said. "Dad?" Chase asked and shakes off the butler's arms and extends it to Isabella's father but he just looked at it.

"Okay, I'm sorry everyone." Isabella said and grabs Chase to lead him inside the house. "What the hell are you doing?!" Isabella panicked. "I..." He got cut off. "How the hell did you even find my house?" She exclaimed. "I..." He got cut off again. "It doesn't even matter, just get out!" She yelled. "Isabella." A woman was heard. "Yes mom?" She asked. "Hi Mrs. Martin, I'm Chase Everett." Chase said and extends his arm. Isabella's mother just looked at him and sipped her champagne. "Chase, you have to leave now." Isabella said. "But Isabella..." He trailed off and looked at her.

He feels and sees how embarrassed Isabella was with the actions that had just transpired. "I'm sorry and if ever you wanted to see me, I'm staying in a suite at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere." He said and was escorted by the two butlers. He went in the town car and crashed on the bed in his suite. He came all the way from New York to tell her how he really felt but gets a cold shoulder from Isabella and her family.

About two o'clock in the morning as Chase goes in the elevator alone and Isabella runs inside the elevator too. "W-what're you doing here so..." he was cut off. "Shhh." She said and kisses him.