CHAPTER 20 - The Final Break Up

"I-it's not your fault." He answered with a weak voice and gripped her hand right.

Allie was shocked and didn't say anything. "Allie? Now would be a good time to say something." He said weakly. "Thanks for bringing me back." He said and soothed her hand.

"Dad? Daddy's awake!" Cassie exclaimed and ran to Chase. "Mom? What're you doing here?" Cassie asked. "She's the reason I woke up, sweetie." Chase said and smiled at Cassie. "It's so good to have you back, Chase." Charles said.

Then a few moments later - Carlie, Kevin and Cassidy enters the room. "OMG! He's awake!" Carlie said excitedly and ran to hug Chase. Kevin followed her, "It's so good to see you awake again, man!" He said. Cassidy holds Charles hand and walked toward everyone.

Then she whispered to Allie, "It's so good to have you back too, Allie." Cassidy said and patted her shoulder. Then they all huddle around Chase and shared each other's feeling of happiness and thankfulness that he's awake.

Allie looked at everyone and felt how loved she was and how she loved Chase and his family. One thing she was sure of was that her love for these people is endless and she couldn't have asked for more.

After Allie had left the room, everyone was in a discussion concerning Chase and his future.

"So now that you're awake, are you gonna get back together with Mom?" Cassie asked innocently. "Sweetie, it's not that simple." Chase replied weakly. "Why isn't it simple? You love her and she loves you! Isn't that, that simple?" She said.

"Listen, Cassie, your mom will always be special to me and I would really love to get back together with her someday, somewhere I don't know. But we need time away from all this drama, we need to be by ourselves for now and figure out some stuff and see it all play out someday. When we're ready, we'll find each other and from there, we'll see how it goes." He said sincerely.

Carlie and Kevin look at each other and kiss, Charles kisses Cassidy's cheek. As Chase looked on how happy the couples of his family were, he knew he wanted all that in the future with someone who he really loves.

"What about Isabella?" Carlie asked. "Will the wedding still push through?" Cassidy asked. "I don't have all the right answers for now and I don't know what's gonna happen between us." Chase replied. "Wait, so there's still a possibility for the two of you to tie the knot?" Kevin asked. "I mean I have to talk to Isabella, guys. I still do care about her." Chase said sincerely. "Care about her?! Do you know what she said to you when you weren't awake yet?!" Charles raised his voice.

"Yes dad I know and I know that all of you may think that she's not a nice person. Look, the reason why I still care about her is because I once felt what she felt - neglected. Being neglected is not a good feeling at all, I should know cause I once was neglected by all of you and by the person I loved the most. And I don't want anyone especially Isabella to feel abandoned at this time of her life. Her dad is being accused and sued for animal poaching and he's against that for goodness sake. Her brother is a drug addict who by the way is extorting me for money. Who can she turn to? Her busy mother? I don't want that to happen to her, okay? Even if all of you don't approve of it, it's not your decision to make its mine and its hers. So please, just respect my decision." Chase said.

Charles shook his head in disagreement while Carlie couldn't bare to look him in the eye. "Chase, if that's your decision, as one family, we support whatever you decide because the choice is all yours." Cassidy said. "Thanks mom." Chase replied. "Now come here everyone I want a hug." Chase said and initiated a group hug.

"So how much does this Tyler Martin want from you?" Charles asked. But before Chase could answer, Sophie enters the room. "Dad, talk to Sophie. She's been such a big help with that." He said. "Chase, phase two was a no go. We couldn't find him." Sophie reported. "Mrs. Walker, for the time being I will settle all of this and would gladly use your help. Now tell me..." They went elsewhere to discuss the plan.