Right Place... Wrong Time

Start from the beginning

"Just teaching the kid to play poker," Dally said through his lips that were enclosed around the cigarette stick. "He's gotta learn at some point if he's gonna be hanging around us."

"Great." Candy tried to sound enthusiastic, but it came off as very sarcastic.

"Tell them what I taught you when you see a hot broad walk by," Dally said as he gently hit Red's shoulder with the back of his hand.

Red took a deep breath and let out a flirty whistle before saying, "hot damn, little mama, your breasts remind me of Mount Rushmore – my face should be among them."

Candy's jaw dropped as my face got hot and as red as a tomato. I instantly regretted leaving Red alone with him. Maybe Dally babysitting wasn't a good idea. It's no wonder why he doesn't talk to his own kids anymore.

I was about to speak up, but Dally interrupted quickly with a proud smile. "And what do you say if they're a nun?"

"Do you want to commit a sin for your next confessional?" Red answered.

"Perfect." Dally put his hand on Red's shoulder and shook him slightly, with proudness filling his blue eyes. He took out his cigarette and blew the smoke into the air. "I like this one."

Candy's eyes were full of horror. She barely managed to whisper, "oh, my god."

"You're doing God's work, Dal." I took a deep inhale to keep myself from freaking out on him.

"Someone has to," he said, moving his hand from Red's shoulder to his cigarette and taking a puff. As the smoke drifted from his lips, he asked, "what time is it?"

"Seven-thirty," Candy answered, checking the clock in the kitchen.

"Shit, I gotta go," Dally said, standing up from his chair. He fixed the collar of his jacket. "Got myself a date."

"With who?" I asked.

"Sylvia."

I've heard stories about Sylvia already. She is Dally's on again, off again girlfriend. I guess they're on again. I haven't met her yet, but from the way Dally talks about her she seems insane. Not in a fun way, but in an abusive way. He nonchalantly told me about how during their last break up she was throwing dishes at him. They shattered against the wall behind him or at his feet or she'd hit him. I have no idea why he would go back to her after that. I know that they get married, a couple times actually, but that was way before I was born so I never met her.

"Good luck," I stated as I let out a raspberry.

"I'm going to be getting some action so don't wait up."

"Great," Candy said sarcastically, trying not to feel sick from his words.

"See you losers later," Dally said. He ruffed up Red's hair up as he walked by. That's his way of being affectionate.

As soon as Dally walked out the door, Candy immediately turned to Red and said, "never say those words he taught you to another human being. Ever."

Red was completely on board with it, without question. He knew how inappropriate it was, he was probably just saying it to please his uncle.