24

24

▪E D I T E D▪

"I need to call my brother," Louis said, and Zayn frowned further, a feeling of slight doubt settling over him.

"What for?" He demanded once again softly, and Niall whimpered beside Louis. Louis swallowed. He was threatening Zayn and Niall's bond while being in their home.

"I need to tell him I'm safe," Louis answered, and Niall looked at him with alarm. "He doesn't know where I am. Where I have been for the past 3 days."

Niall gasped as he looked at Louis. "He doesn't know where I am either, Lou..." He whined sadly, eyes pricking with tears, "It's been 6 days..."

Zayn rumbled, standing up when Niall let out a soft sob. "What is it?" He leaned to gather Niall in his arms, and Louis looked on sadly when Niall clung to Zayn, a rather loud sob leaving his bitten lips. "What bothers you, Soleil?" Zayn asked frantically, a soft look of confusion and frown being directed at Louis, "What is it?"

Louis stood up carefully. "You might want to talk with Niall. May I use your phone now?"

Zayn looked at him dubiously. Louis pursed his lips with a small, terse smile, "I promise to tell my brother what I told you I will. Nothing more, nothing less." He said, eyes flickering to Niall who looked back at him with sorrow and a hint of fearful apprehension at what he had to confess to at the moment.

Zayn glanced at Niall, who nodded at him. He blew out a breath, "Goddess--" He muttered and stopped, clearing his throat.

"Alright. Okay. You can use the telephone out in the hallway. Please keep to your promise," Zayn said sternly with his eyes flashing red, "Or else, you would have to face consequences of broken pack laws. Alongside myself. It is very severe."

Niall's breath hitched, and he tightened a fist on Zayn's jacket. Zayn looked down at him meaningfully, and Louis nodded, his eyes on Niall, before he smiled encouragingly at the Omega and turned to leave the living room.

He spotted the mentioned telephone on a wooden stand a few metres away from the living room, placed between the stairs and the kitchen, and Louis walked over to it doubtfully.

Does he tell Liam where he is?

No.

Yes?

No...

That wouldn't be fair to the mated pair in the living room. It was now their choice. Their combined choice whether they wanted a... A foreign Alpha know their whereabouts.

That stung. The truth stung.

Louis hoped Zayn was an accommodating Alpha who would atleast let Niall say goodbye to his... His lover.

Gulping the lump in his throat, Louis dialled their old telephone's number that he knew by heart, and waited. You couldn't see the number on it since it was that old.

"Hello?"

A scratchy, tired voice that belonged to his brother was heard with the click of the call's acceptance, and Louis opened his mouth.