Try and try again

Rachels pov

''Alright everyone gather round I may as well discuss where we are going and what animals we are looking for'' everyone leaned in a little closer all looking Ashton gloved hand expectantly. A blue holographic landscape shot out of the open circle in his palm. The holographic conveyed what looked to be rocky terrain judging from the small hills and patches of grassland here and there.

''We are heading to what we call the jagged alps as you can see there are a lot of well rocks and jagged slope and don't let those small patches of grass fool you there is much more and in those medium sized grasslands is something called the bumblebrow cow or what I like to call the supercow we will be hunting a few but they aren't just going to stand there and be eaten they are big, pissed and the will attack''.

He paused looking us over ''for those who don't know super cows have been mutated thanks to the radiation from the old war but don't worry that's why we have the decontamination systems to clean and inspect the meat to make sure it's safe to eat''.

''So what kind of weapons do you want us to use some of us have elemental mods on our suits obviously it would be bad to obliterate the cow'' Cassandra the girl from the meeting spoke up. Her accent is hispanic, her skin was a light brown and her hair was a beautiful shade of black with brown highlights only coming to her shoulders and bangs that swept to the right of her forehead partially covering her eyebrow.

''Don't worry we planed for that with the pulse guns mounted behind you if you didn't bring your tyton bots with you'' he glanced at Raven and I then turned back.

''Those are called the mk-g40 and they are standard issue when leaving the hallows they can be set to stun or kill and we will have time to play around with them when we get there''. It wasn't long until the smooth grassy plans ended and the jagged rocks began to fill my vision rocks, gravel and hills as far as I could see and patches of green here and there. ''Alright everyone out and grab a gun'' barker said over the communicator.

We exited the truck and I was almost instantly brought back to when I first left the hollows with raven, I was greeted with the smell of minerals and a faint metallic smell. A man with a completely shaved head, dark skin and black beard walked up to us with beady black eyes and a face that might be set in a permanent scowl. 

''Alright everyone I am sergeant barker and as long as this war will be going on you will see me most of the time seeing as I have authority over this little force here''. He paused to look at all of us ''as I'm sure corporal Ashton has told you you will have to change you color to ours so no bitching now get into your groups of twos' and ashton every group is to have one fighter with them understood'' ''yes sir'' ashton said stiffly.

''Alright everyone you heard the man get into your groups'' once we are all in our groups of twos' he began calling people towards the other scavengers until he finally got to us. ''Glenn your with raven and rachel'' a man with his suit jogged lightly over to us his helmet was clear except for the mask on going across his mouth on the outside. '' alright letz get this show on the de road young ones yeah''. He spoke with a heavy jamaican accent, we fanned out from the other groups but still remained in eye distance when we arrived at a rig overlooking one of the bigger patches of grass.

''Alright you two crouch down yeah'' it wasn't long before we spotted the brumbelow cows, ashton is right these things are big standing at about 20 inches tall with muscles on almost every inch of their bodies, A few of them even have white horns coming from the side of their heads. ''What we do here is pretty simple aim your sites, turn on da tazer and fire when ready''.

We all laid down on our stomachs Raven and glenn's guns' at the ready my own gun laying down beside me. The familiar crackling sound came from ravens gun and the next instant the brumbelow was on the ground, the others around it were looking around frantically but they couldn't see us from where we are.