"My job kept me there." He said monotone as if scripted and he gripped the trim of his white t-shirt. "I mean being a cameraman and all... I-I was instructed to stay.. and film." He gulped nervously.

The Commissioner squinted to him and turned back to the computer screen and that only made Kai more nervous. He gripped his shirt tighter and looked down to the ground.

"Alright, I'll repeat my earlier question. And remember, don't waste my time." The intimidating police man said while tearing his attention away from the computer to completely focus on Kai.

"Ok.. well being on the scene I was close enough to hear what the ninja were saying. They said they didn't know what the machine did and I figured it out so I would like to pass that information to the ninja." Kai finished feeling triumphant for not stuttering. It was also the first time Kai actually noticed how different his voice sounded. It sounded higher pitch like Jay but serious like Zane. Kai started to think about his friends and got lost in thought.

"So what did the machine do?" He asked in an interrogating voice and he began typing on his keyboard again.

Kai cleared his throat and his hands fidgeted. "Um you see.. I was actually hit with the machine and it affected me. It's kind of personal and I want to keep it between me and the ninja." Kai couldn't help but mumbled 'ninja business' at the end of the explanation. Kai looked to his hands as if it would help him out of this uncomfortable situation.

The Police Commissioner looked unimpressed and he scooted closer to the desk and leaned over the desk to stared at Kai. "Not tell me will not help your situation. In fact! You just dug a deeper hole for yourself!" The Commissioner spun the desktop screen around to show a news clip that was paused. The screen started to move with a click of the mouse.

News clip

'Earlier today there was an intense battle between the Ninja and the Mechanic. Standing before you today I'm glad to report that the ninja have done it again! They have stopped the villain, but not everyone got away unharmed. This next clip is not for the faint of heart.'

Another warning appeared on screen.

The video started and it was shaky. It was Gayle Gossip's cameraman filming. It showed the moment Vinny dropped the camera as everything climaxed. The tilted camera from the ground caught Vinny being pushed by Kai as they were both hit by a beam.

'The man in the video is Vinny and he is the cameraman for Gayle Gossip. He is pushed out of the way by the red ninja but it was already too late. They both are struck and collapse. The red ninja, Kai, is taken back with the ninja while Vinny is treated for his injuries. As of now, it was just made public that Vinny is no longer at the hospital. But he was not discharged. It seems he left the hospital unnoticed and medical staff say he is delusional. If you see him it's important to call this number.'

A picture appears on screen of Vinny and a phone number is next to it.

The click of the mouse freezes the screen and Kai looks to the Commissioner. The police man squints to him in anger and he turned the screen back to it original position.

"Vinny, I warned you about wasting my time. I know who you are and I know that you are some 'special case' with being on the scene. But you are also not well in the head. You escaped a hospital for Ninjago sake! Tell me what the machine did or I'm calling an ambulance to take you back."

Kai shrank in his seat and he bit the inside of his cheeks. His mind was going a million miles a minutes and he kept going back and forth on what to do.

"Nothing? Guess the news is right! You are delusional!" The Commissioner stood and signaled someone outside the door. A cop comes in as instructed. "Take him to a holding cell till an ambulance comes."

The cop grabs Kai's arm to lead him out but Kai panics and pulls away from him. "Wait! I'll tell you!"

The Police Commissioner lifted his phone to his ear but still spoke to him. "How am I supposed to believe you? Vinny you were hit with a mysterious machine and many people have evidence that you aren't well. I'm trying to help you."

The cop that was trying to escort Kai grabbed his arm again and pulled him from the chair. Kai cringed remembering his soreness and dizziness. He tried to pull away but he had a tighter grip and Kai didn't have his strength. "The machine- I switched bodies with someone! I'm not Vinny! I'm a ninja! And you're going to regret calling me crazy!"

The Commissioner glared, "I didn't call you crazy. But do you know how crazy you sound now?"

Kai struggled against the man dragging him away. "Let me go! I did nothing wrong! Please contact the ninja! They are looking for me!"

The Police Commissioner looked to the cop pulling Kai away. "Restrain him."

"WHAT! If only I had my powers! Ohh...so help me I'd snap those chains and you wouldn't know what to do!" Kai yelled while backup police officers came to get handcuffs on him.

Kai was dragged away and he heard the Commissioner said into the phone, "I have your patient."

He gave up fighting and he was walked to a holding cell. He was alone, handcuffed with only his thoughts.

'That didn't go well..'

Sorry my posting schedule is a "little" messed up. I keep giving excuses but to keep it short, I have a lot going on. Senior year of high school and many many many extra activities.

What did you think of that chapter? What do you think will happen next?

(Current day- August 21, 2019- I updated the cameraman's name to Vinny now that there is a cannon (confirmed) name to the character. I gave him the name David so if you see a "David" that I forgot to switch out, sorry! I'm sorry for the confusion!)