Chapter 1

Stiles swears to everything holy, if this phone call is waking him up for another stupid reason like the last time Scott called while Stiles was asleep, blood will be split. Stiles rolls over and taps the nightstand until he feels the cover of his phone, he grabs it with eyes barely open and presses 'accept.'

"Hello?" Stiles slurs, and it is Scott. But something is going on around him making it harder to hear what he's saying.

"Derek's loft." Scott yelps and Stiles frowns.

"What about his loft?" Stiles questions irritability, his half-asleep brain not putting the pieces together.

"You need to come here quickly!" Scott cries and then there's a loud crash in the background followed by a snarl.

"Umm, I think the human should stay put." Stiles declares, on alert. Scott yells something to Isaac away from the phone and then returns to the conversation.

"No, Stiles. He might listen to you!" Scott tries to reason, and Stiles frowns.

"Who?" He demands and Scott sighs yelling something at someone else.

"Derek," Scott says and he responds so seriously that Stiles bursts out laughing. Scott however doesn't laugh along, which causes Stiles to pause.

"You're being serious?" Stiles scoffs. "That guy wouldn't listen to me, even if it saved his life." Stiles replies and Scott sighs.

"At the very least, just please get your ass over here." Scott snaps angrily and Stiles sighs.

"This is the second time you've woken me up this week, if this isn't as serious as you say, I will murder you, Scott. You hear me, murder." Stiles declares with annoyance. He glances at the clock on his bedside table: 5:34 am, Stiles sighs.

"Just get over here." Scott hangs up and Stiles feels slightly offended.

Stiles doesn't even bother to change, he stays in his baggy shirt and sweatpants, he throws on his red hoodie and heads downstairs. Stiles sighs and is glad his Dad's at work, Stiles would probably wake him up and get yelled at for leaving the house so late or is it early? Whatever.

Stiles grabs socks and sticks his feet into his black converse, he grabs his keys and phone and heads out to the Jeep. He starts the Jeep up and begins the drive to the loft. He doesn't even know what's wrong with Derek, or even if something's wrong.

Considering the snarl he heard, something must be going on. Stiles pulls into the loft's parking lot five minutes later, he sighs loudly and shuts the Jeep off. He then makes his way up the stairs, to Derek's floor.

"Scott." He calls and when no one answers, "Derek?" Stiles doesn't get a response from either. He slides the loft door open to see the loft completely trashed, all of Derek's furniture is overthrown and ripped up. Erica and Boyd are standing in the doorway of the kitchen looking concerned. Isaac is leaning against the wall farthest from Derek, he's pouting so Derek must've done something.

Stiles frowns at the scene in front of him, he looks up to see Scott coming quietly from the kitchen and he puts his fingers to his lips. Stiles frowns at him and raises an eyebrow, Scott reaches him and grabs his sleeve.

"Something's wrong with Derek!" Scott says and Stiles rolls his eyes trying to keep his patience.

"Care to explain?" Stiles questions and Scott nods to the corner of the room, Stiles turns to that corner to see Derek curled around pillows and blankets, his face is shifted. Claws and fangs out, sideburns there and everything.

"Derek?" Stiles calls softly in confusion and Derek's head whips up at his voice. Blue wolf eyes staring at him, Stiles tenses, watching Derek carefully.

"What are you doing?" Derek watches Stiles and his gaze falls to Stiles' lips watching them move.

"Stiles," Scott hisses. "What are you doing?" Stiles ignores him and walks closer to Derek.

Derek growls and Stiles stops placing both hands in front of him, making sure that Derek knows he won't hurt him and wouldn't be able to without a weapon. Derek sniffs at the air and is instantly in front of Stiles, he's crouched on all fours, and Stiles keeps eye contact with his hands still in front of him. Derek's nostrils flare and his back straightens.

"What's going on?" Stiles asks Derek. "What happened to you?" Derek doesn't answer, Scott is watching the scene in a panic.

Stiles slowly crouches down in front of Derek, wondering what he's supposed to do to help him. As soon as Stiles is at eye level with him, Derek pounces, Stiles yelps flailing backwards in shock. Scott snarls taking a threatening step towards Derek, Derek crouches over Stiles' body protectively, growling at Scott in return.

Stiles stays completely still, his face is under Derek's chest, and Derek's still growling. Stiles looks back at Scott and nods at him, telling him he's fine and to back down. Scott stops growling and takes a step back, not too sure what to do with himself. Derek moves back a little bit and sticks his nose in Stiles' throat, inhaling him like he's oxygen.

Derek rubs his nose along Stiles' throat, in a possessive way that makes Stiles frown at him. Stiles places both hands on Derek's chest and lightly pushes him, Derek allows Stiles to move him but whines when he's at arm's length. Stiles nearly jumps out of his skin at the sound, he stares at Derek in confusion.

"Come on Stiles, let's get you two up and take Derek to see Deaton." Scott sighs and reaches down to help Stiles stand.

It happens so fast, one minute Scott's reaching down to help Stiles, the next he's yanking his hand back with a yelp. There are teeth marks, or more like fang marks, on his hand and his hand is bleeding. Derek is over Stiles again and is snarling at Scott, Stiles looks at Derek's mouth where he can see a smear of blood on his fangs and Stiles feels his heart begin to pound.

He can feel himself shaking, wanting to run but unable to because Derek's over top of him snarling. Stiles' breathing picks up and he thinks he might be close to a panic attack. All he can think about is that Derek is going to kill him, rip his throat out with his teeth like he's always threatened to. Stiles is going to die and Derek will spend the rest of his life blaming himself.

Derek's growl comes to a stop abruptly and he's whining now, nosing at Stiles' chin. Stiles doesn't even know how he managed to curl himself into a ball, he doesn't remember doing it and doesn't know how to stop hyperventilating. Doesn't know anything besides the panic that's invaded his brain and buzzing under his skin.

Derek whines again, nosing at Stiles' cheek. Stiles turns a little to face Derek and he whines again sticking his nose into Stiles' throat inhaling and then purring. Stiles takes a deep breath, trying to relax, he inhales and exhales slowly and lets Derek's heavy body calm him, pretending it's just a weighted blanket. Derek won't hurt him, he never has and he never will. Stiles just needs to relax, he exhales and Derek rumbles.

"Stiles, are you okay?" Isaac asks and Stiles nods and clears his throat.

"Fine, thanks for asking." Stiles sighs and then Stiles realizes that no one told him what happened to Derek. "So, is anyone going to tell me what happened to Derek or?" Stiles doesn't know who's going to answer that one.

"Derek and Scott," Erica begins glaring at Scott, "went to find the witches that have been harassing the town and didn't bother to wait for morning when the rest of the pack could've helped." She turns to Derek and glares daggers at him too.