Chapter 19

Renesmee's P.O.V

Two days had passed since I yearned for an abortion, and it is now Monday. Grandpa convinced me to keep the baby. He said the baby was already too far along. Besides, I have grown to love this baby now, ever since I saw my baby during the ultrasound. I'm in my second trimester at fourteen weeks but have been four weeks pregnant.

My grandpa entered the room while I was still in bed. He asked, "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Good, I guess I kind of got morning sickness and fatigue symptoms, but that's it," I responded.

"It'll become familiar to you in a few days."

I nodded and rubbed my stomach. Then I looked at grandpa and asked, "Hey, grandpa?"

Grandpa examined the paperwork and inquired, "Yes?"

"Do you know how big I will get?" I asked.

"Given your small stature, you might weigh a couple of pounds."

"Am I going to be huge?"

"Yes, because of the baby's current growth."

I nodded my head.

"You're being successful, though. "Your baby is growing fast," Grandpa said. "You'll give birth in two to three months."

"Okay, thanks," I said.

A stabbing sensation overwhelmed me as I attempted to stand. It caused grandpa to spin around with anxiety and to walk over to me.

"I'm okay. No problem. My side hurts a bit, that's all," I explained.

"Are you sure?" Grandpa asked.

"Yeah, it's the baby growing."

I rose from the bed, stretched my limbs, and approached the door. I walked into the living room and sank into the comfortable couch. The voices echoed up from downstairs, and one sounded familiar to me. The footsteps echoed through the house, causing me to turn my head, and my eyes met Jacob's. My eyes widened, and I grabbed a blanket next to me and put it on me to cover my baby bump. Jacob's footsteps echoed in the room as he circled the couch and reached my side. Jacob's eyes locked with mine, and a small smile curled on his lips. He then looked down at the blanket covering my stomach. His eyebrows furrowed with concern.

"How are you?" Jacob greeted me.

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I responded.

Jacob nodded, his eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. Does he know? Did my family or someone else tell him?

I held Jacob's hand, feeling its electric sensation. "I'm okay," I reassured him.

Jacob stooped and moved his other hand to my face. He rubbed his thumb against my cheek, and I leaned my face into his hand, enjoying the feeling. "I know," he said.

I widened my eyes and asked, "You do?"

Jacob nodded. Jacob then scrutinized me from head to toe, his face filled with concern. "You look terrible. Are you sure you're fine?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," I responded.

Jacob huffed and said, "No, Nessie, you're not. I've seen this happen with Bella before."

"This is different, though. My grandpa said I was doing better than Bella when she had me. It could be because I'm a half-vampire."

Jacob nodded again and asked, "Where were you during this pregnancy?"

"Well, I'm four weeks pregnant. I'm fourteen weeks from where I am with the baby growing. This means I have started the second trimester," I responded.

Jacob raised his eyebrows in surprise. He asked, "Wow, are you halfway done?"