Chapter 25

Renesmee's P.O.V

I woke up on my side with Jacob's arm around me. I glanced at my phone and saw a text. I grabbed it and answered. It was from my mom. Oh no, she's wondering where I am. I read the text, and it said...

Where are you, Renesmee? Your child wants you.

I answered back, saying...

Okay, I'll be there in fifteen minutes.

I tried to get out of his arms, but he held on tighter. This is going to be tough. I felt someone breathing on my back, giving me chills. It turned out he was awake. He sat up and kissed me on my shoulder and neck. I moaned, and I could tell he was smiling. I laid on my back and covered up with the blanket. Jacob was lying on his side next to me. One hand rested on either side of me.

"Hey," Jacob said, still smiling.

"Hey," I said.

"How did you sleep?"

"Good, but I wish we could sleep longer."

"What do you mean we can't sleep longer?"

"We have to go. My mom texted me when we were asleep and said that Sophia wanted me."

"Okay,"

Jacob got up, but I yanked him back down, and he fell on me. But he doesn't crush me since he uses his muscular arms to grasp himself. First things first, I want a kiss.

Jacob smirked, leaned down, and planted one on me. I put my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. I ended the kiss before it got too intense. I looked into his dark hazel eyes and smiled. Jacob smiled back and gave me a quick peck on the lips before stepping back and uttering, "I love you."

"I loved you too," I said.

He kissed me again, and then we got up and got dressed. On my way home, I thought about everything that had happened this past week. Having to give birth, being with Jacob, and, of course, the new one...grandpa finding out about me and Jacob. I'm unsure of how to do this at my age. I'm only four years old. I only know some things. How can I balance parenting, schooling, and a clandestine relationship with Jacob?

Jacob gazed at me with concern. "You alright?" he inquired.

"Yeah." I lied.

"You don't look okay."

"Jacob I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

Jacob parked the car, his face grave and worried. "Nessie, I can't help but worry. You're my imprintee. I need to keep you safe," he explained.

"I get it, but I don't always want you in my head. I have a life and desire to revel in it. I don't aspire to be stuck in your bubble all the time," I explained.

"I know, but I have to. I can't help it. Ever since we had sex, I have felt closer to you."

I nodded.

"I have something to tell you," Jacob stated.

I looked at it with curiosity. "What is it?" I asked.

"Okay, well, something is happening to me. It doesn't happen to the other wolves in my pack. It didn't happen to Sam's pack, either. It has only happened to Sam and me since we were alphas," Jacob responded.

"Okay, so what is it?"

"Okay, well, since we mated, I have changed a lot. I was acting strange, too."

"What kind of strange?"

"I would sometimes be hot-tempered and aggressive."

"Jake, you already act this way."