Chapter 26

Renesmee's P.O.V

It felt like an eternity had passed since Jacob and I spoke, and it had been a while since I saw him. It was like he disappeared, and it was like he never existed. I felt a lot of pain as if someone had ripped out my heart and torn it to pieces. I'm curious about how he's doing and if he's hurting. I hope he knows he's not alone. I wanted to check on him and make sure he was okay. Anyhow, enough about him; Sophia has gotten more significant now. Sophia, five months old, appears three years old. She had grown up so cute. She has my cheekbones and hair color, which were ash brown when I was little. (My old hair color was auburn brown three months ago. Then I colored it a lighter brown.) She is becoming much more mature. It's like she remembers everything that happened back then. What surprised me was that she always brought up Jacob or wondered who her birth father was. It made me think she believed Jacob wasn't her birth father.

The next day, I woke up and found Sophia lying beside me. She must have crawled into bed next to me because of the nightmares she's been getting. I kissed her head, left the bed, and went to the bathroom.

After using the toilet, I showered and washed my hair and body. When I finished, I wrapped a towel around my body and another around my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and felt little hands touching my legs. I looked down and saw Sophia tangled in my legs. I gazed at her, worried, and inquired, "Hey, why are you up?"

"Mommy, I'm scared," Sophia responded.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Monsters."

"What monsters?"

"Doggies."

"Are they big?"

Sophia nodded. I knew this was going to happen. She sees visions of him as a werewolf because of her inherited powers from aunt Alice. The only way she gets these visions is when she touches him. She got this from me because I can send my memories to someone when I touch them. Anyway, she thinks werewolves are real. I didn't want her to know about Jacob or me yet. Now, with her seeing things, I'm unsure how to proceed. She touched someone; she could see a vision of people. I put on my robe, picked her up, carried her to my bed, and sat her down. I sat down in a criss-cross position, and she came and sat on my lap.

"Monsters aren't real, baby," I reassured.

"Yes, they are doggies," Sophia confirmed.

"Sophia..."

"They are real, mommy. I saw them."

I sighed and asked, "Fine. What else did the monsters look like?"

"They're furry," Sophia responded.

"Okay, what color are they?"

"It's a light color."

"Sophia, it's russet."

"Oh."

"Is this all you saw? Did you see anything else?"

"No."

I sighed again. Sophia didn't see Jacob; she saw him in wolf form, which relieved me.

"Alright, baby, you need to go back to sleep now," I advised.

"Okay, mommy," Sophia said.

Sophia got in her bed, this time by my bed, and I tucked her in and kissed her head.

"Goodnight, baby," I said.

"Goodnight, mommy," Sophia said.

I then got dressed, letting my hair dry. Then, I walked out of my bedroom and headed down the hall. I walked into the kitchen and saw Mom and Dad in there.