Chapter 31

Jacob's P.O.V

I have been somber this evening since Renesmee left for her date with Isaac. I'm angry that she's even going out with that skut. I know we can't be together, but seeing her go out with other guys hurts me. Lately, I've been watchful of the guys she's been around since her last breakup with Mason. Now that she's dating Isaac, I have a bad feeling about him, so I don't trust him. I don't trust any guy around Renesmee. I don't want anyone to play her again.

"Jac... Jacob." A voice said.

I broke free from my trance. "What?" I asked.

I looked up to see Bella, who spoke with a brooding expression. "Are you okay? It looks like you were in your world?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm thinking," I responded.

"Are you sure you look upset?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I looked down at Sophia, who was playing with her toys. Renesmee told me Sophia was at her friend's, so I picked her up since it was late, and she was gone for a while, which worried me. Sophia looked at me smiling, got up, took her toy, walked over, and sat on my lap. Sophia cuddled in my arms, holding her toy close to her.

I glanced at Bella, her smile shining. "She appears to be sucking up to you," Bella said.

"You think?" I asked.

"Yeah, look at her. She treats you like her own father."

I looked down at her, lying against my chest. I smiled and wrapped one arm around her.

"Jacob," Bella said.

I looked up at her. "Yeah," I said.

"You will be an amazing father someday."

"Really?"

"Yeah, how you treat and care for her is incredible."

"Well, I have a little experience."

Bella gave me a curious look. She asked, "What experience?"

"You know, with Nes... Renesmee." I responded.

"Oh, but that isn't being fatherly. You only watch Renesmee as a protector and a friend."

"True."

I heard snoring, and I looked down and saw Sophia lying on her side with her hand on my biceps and her other on my waist. I was in shock. She never falls asleep on me but never lies in my lap.

"What the. How did Sophia fall asleep on me? She never falls asleep on me." I said.

"She likes your body heat. It keeps her warm," Bella responded.

I smiled as I leaned down and kissed her forehead. I moved a strand of her hair out of her face. I felt a yawn come out of my mouth and let it out.

"You look tired, Jacob. Why don't you go home? I'll take care of her for you." Bella said.

"Are you sure? I can sleep here." I said, looking up at her.

"Yeah."

"Okay."

Bella walked over to me and picked Sophia up out of my arms. "I'll take her to bed," she said.

Bella exited, and I stood. As I headed to the front door and opened it, I thought about Renesmee with Isaac. I can't do this anymore. I could handle the love of my life dating other guys, but it's too hard. I can't be here anymore. So I headed to my motorcycle, got on, and headed home.

Renesmee's P.O.V

Two hours before...

After Isaac took me to a fancy restaurant, he took me out for ice cream. It shocked me. Unexpectedly, he, a frat guy, treated me to a fancy restaurant and ice cream. It's cute, though. It showed that he liked me.