checkmate 003

======================================

** move 003 **

< m i s a o >

(4 years ago)

"For this project, I want you guys to work in a group of 4 members. I will leave the grouping up to you but just make sure that everyone is in a group, okay? The project will be submitted by next month along with the documentation. And that concludes our class for this afternoon. Class dismissed."

As soon as the professor ended the class, everyone started talking at once and filled the room with loud buzzing noise. I heard some talking about the project and asking another person to be a group mate. I've always dreaded group projects. It's not that I'm bad with working with people but no one wanted me to be part of their group. Ever since high school, I was always that left out student.

'Class, sino pa kulang ang member?'

'Ma'am, kumpleto po lahat sa by three.'

'Hmm? So would anybody take Misao in their group?' Nakangiting tanong ng teacher.

But the classroom was washed by this awkward and overwhelming silence. Not a single person raised a hand.

'Okay. Misao, join the president's group okay?'

I remember doing my best effort for that project and for the group para hindi ako maging burden. Somehow, we managed to get the highest grade for that project but that doesn't earn me any friends or nothing changed in regards to group projects.

'Hmm... maghihintay na lang ako ng group na magkukulang...' I thought as I collect my things and slid them in my bag. I was about to stand and leave when I felt someone tapped my back. I turn on my back and saw a guy smiling at me. It was a shy yet charming smile.

It reminds me, siya yung lalaking halos kaibigan ng lahat sa klase. He's loud but he's carefree and always beaming. Sometimes I see him do those silly tricks you can find on the internet and every time he's always the center of the crowd.

So, anong kailangan ng lalaking 'to sakin?

"Hi. May group ka na para sa project?" He inquired.

Huh?

"Kung wala ka pang kagrupo, pwede ka bang sumama sa amin?" He's rubbing the back of his neck and keeps averting his gaze and his lips are trembling in a sheepish grin as if he's embarrassed.

"Sure ka?"

"Huh? Oo naman, bakit hindi? Gusto ka namin maging kagrupo."

Ah, I also remember, he's always with the other two guys.

"Oh... Okay sige."

"Nice! Ako nga pala si Toshiro. Ikaw?"

"Misao."

"Toshiro, kamusta? Narecruit mo na ba siya?" A guy's deep voice chimed in from behind Toshiro.

He looked behind and 2 guys also came to my sight. I rise up to meet them.

"Yes! Recruitment success!!" Toshiro cheered with a triumphant smile.

One guy with messy ruffled hair with his fringe almost hiding his eyes stepped in offering his hand for a broshake, "I'm Fumihiro."

I accepted his hand. "Misao."

And then the other guy who's smartly dressed in a casual black coat with a thin white shirt inside, and a pair of ripped jeans for the lower half. He introduced himself as Keita.