Chapter 19: Homesick

Start from the beginning

"I could-"

"No, I don't want to hear it Emery. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a shower." Thane walked away from my stubbornness and left for the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes at his retreating form and suddenly felt the length of the day weighting on me as I let out a yawn and felt my shoulders sag in exhaustion.

I tucked myself into the bed and tried to keep my eyes open before Thane finished so that he could explain everything to me. After a few minutes Thane walked out of the shower in only his towel and I suddenly felt a surge of energy rush into my system from the sight if his body even though I saw his half naked figure for most of the day.

I waited for him to exit the closet in his boxers and a t-shirt as I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks when he saw me staring at him.

He let out a low chuckle as he approached the bed with some apprehension and suddenly turned shy as he rubbed the back of his neck in nervousness.

"Mind if I join you?" He timidly asked.

I gave him a simple nod and tapped on the spot next to me because my mind found it difficult to form words.

He slipped into the bed next to me with a shy smile as my mind played catch up. I slowly sat up and leaned my back on the headboard following Thane's position before I muttered, "You never asked before getting into bed, so what made you ask tonight?" I smirked.

He cleared his throat before answering me honestly, "I just didn't want you think I was taking advantage of the situation just because you kissed me."

I pondered over what he said a bit before slowly moving closer to him until our thighs were barely touching and gingerly took his hand into my own. "I want this." I looked up into his eyes to show him that there was no apprehension in my actions. "Whatever this is, I want it. I want us. It's not only because we're mates. I want this because I truly feel something for you and I want you to know that I get it. I get why you did it. While it may not have been conventional and I don't think I would ever get over you kidnapping me, I think that I'm willing to overlook it because we were made for each other by the universe. This is where I want to be now. With you. And we're boyfriend and girlfriend aren't we." I finally declared so that I would rid him of his doubts.

He gazed at me like I had just told him that I would catch the moon and stars for him. It was a look of pure adoration and I was living for it.

"I wouldn't stop apologizing for what I did Emery. It was just the way it had to be done according to my customs and as much I am sorry for what happened and wished it was different, I don't regret it if it meant meeting you again." He admitted.

"To be honest I wouldn't have changed it either." I said deranged even though the part of my brain that holds all my common sense is yelling at me saying 'stockholm syndrome alert'. But it wasn't stockholm syndrome, it was an actual connection with Thane and it's not like he didn't give me a chance to leave even though my other option was to be dropped off on the other side of the country.

"You have no idea how much that meant to me. We may not have known each other that long but whatever you feel for me, I feel it tenfold and more because as a wolf my senses and feelings are all heightened and when I mark you as my own it will only increase if it's possible and you would feel it too." He explained with reverence.

"Mark as yours? I may be okay with this Thane but just because I'm sticking around doesn't mean I'm your property or that you have any control over me." I stated and made a point to clear the air.

He however didn't hesitate to nod at what I said, "As an alpha, it's in my blood to think that archaic, but I didn't mean it in an ownership way. More like a you're my mate and I want every wolf to know who their Luna is and that you should be respected as such. We're equals Emery, and I couldn't be happier."