Chapter 19: Homesick

Start from the beginning

"And the rogue that they kept alive?" I asked cautiously.

"He's as good as dead." He whispered out angrily and I knew if it was up to him, he would have them all chained up in his Crypt and tortured before he was finished with them.

"I will look after her myself." I vowed before I asked the pressing question that's been plaguing my mind. "Thane?" I asked looking into his eyes, "Tell me about my 'powers'."

He nodded his head before he guided me towards his bedroom, "How about you take a shower and regain some of your energy before we start?"

It then dawned on me that my undergarments were still damp from the swim we had in the waterfall earlier and I didn't have the opportunity to change yet. I was also still in his jacket which was huge on me but it smelled of Thane's forest scent which I loved.

As we reached his bedroom I reluctantly took off his jacket and threw it in the wash basket before I trudged back to the closet to get a pair of pajamas to take with me into the bathroom.

Thane was in the little patio that overlooked the backyard while I took my much needed shower. I made sure to lock the bathroom door before I peeled off my wet clothing and hopped into the warm shower where I scrubbed my body clean and washed my hair since it got wet in the waterfall.

By the time I was finished I felt rejuvenated and refreshed as I changed into my warm comfortable pajamas. I walked out into the bedroom as I dried my hair to find Thane was still in the patio so I trudged quietly towards him but I knew he could sense me from the way he stood upright from leaning on the ledge.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him shyly as I leaned my back against the handrail and faced him to see his sorrowful gaze.

"My sister slipped into a coma. Doctor said her wolf pulled her in so that her body can heal itself but it's a rare case for a wolf to go into a coma so he isn't sure when she will regain consciousness." He explained.

"What can I do?" I asked hoping my abilities will make me useful in helping her.

"I don't think even you can help her." He explained as he placed both his hands on either side of my waist and rest his forehead on mine.

"I can try." I told him in an effort to not just help his sister but to also make him feel a bit better. Since the kiss I felt what I guess was our mate bond, grow stronger and I could somehow sense Thane's emotions as if it were my own and my body told me to do whatever it takes to make him feel better.

If this was how I felt after just one kiss, I was even more terrified to find out how the mate bond will evolve when I become an official part of the pack and mate with Thane. Yet even through that nervousness, I felt a hint of excitement for being able to experience this with Thane and even happier to realize that I was maybe one of the few humans to meet their true soul mate, as crazy as it seems.

Thane was made for me and I was made for him. Sounds like some pretentious crap but this was anything but, what I felt was true and Thane being a werewolf was something I couldn't even begin to have an explanation for.

"No, you will drain yourself of energy." He pulled me out of my reverie and took my hand in his while he lead me back inside.

"What do you mean?" I asked him while he closed the patio's glass doors.

"Every time you use your abilities, you use up your energy and your health. It's kind of like using a battery, you have a limit to how much you can use it at once before you start wearing yourself out." He explained to me.

"Oh." I stated remorsefully. "But I only helped your sister so I'm sure I can try to wake her up."

He gave me a small smile before cupping my cheeks in his palms, "Even though it's only one person, you used a lot of your energy to save her. Tate was on the brink of death and you healed her. I would say you used up most of your energy."