(18) Choosing A Major

-3 years later-

Bucky and Makayla both got accepted into UNC on cheer and football scholarships and were about to end their freshmen year of college. They chose to be each other's room mate. They were laying on the couch of their dorm suite going through the major programs book.

"I know what I want to do Buck. I've been thinking about this since we have been in therapy. I want to be a Child Development and Psychology major. " she said as she looked up at him.

He kissed her and said "I was thinking the same thing we could open up our own practice together."

"Oh that would be amazing." she said as she put the book on their coffee table and rolled to her side.

"Barnes and Barnes." he said

"But I'm not a Barnes. I'm still a baker." she said

"Oh yeah hmm.. well then I need to fix that don't I." he said

"I hope this isn't your proposal." she said

He got up and went into their bedroom he opened up his sock drawer and came back out to the living room. She sat up and said "What are you doing?'

He knelt down in front of her and said "Makayla Joanne Baker ever since I was 12 years old I have loved you baby. I have known you my whole life and I believe that me and you are meant to be baby. From our first kiss to now I have loved you cared about you worried about you fight for you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Makayla. So will you please marry me?" as he opened up a box.

"James Buchanan.. holy shit..oh my god yes." she said

He slid the ring on her finger "Oh gosh it's beautiful Buck

He slid the ring on her finger "Oh gosh it's beautiful Buck.." she said as she wiped a tear.

He kissed her and she held his cheeks "I love you James Buchanan." she said with a smile

"I love you baby doll" he said with a smile as they kissed again then went into the bedroom. The next morning while they were drinking their coffee Bucky took a picture of her ring with her phone as she held her coffee cup. They called their parents through face time as Bucky held her from behind and told them about their engagement. Then she posted the picture to her social media with the caption "I said Yess!!"

Natasha and their friends came knocking on their door after seeing it. Bucky let them in and the girls gushed over her ring and the boys gave Bucky hugs.  After they all got over the excitement they all went to class. After they were done with their classes Bucky and Makayla they went to talk to their academic advisor to let him know that they chose their majors.

They started to pick their classes for their sophomore year of college that they were going to be starting that following fall. After their meeting they went back to their dorm to do their homework.