First Ultrasound

Authors note: This is going to be the gender reveal chapter. I'm not going to do a gender reveal party chapter because I don't believe them to be a morally sound concept. sorry for those who wanted that. also this is going to be at roughly 16 weeks as that's the earliest a baby's sexual gender can be determined, I know that's a little early to be entirely realistic, but I wanna leave myself wiggle room on the length of this book.

America: 

Alfred hung close to you as you waited for the technician to come in and preform your ultrasound. 

"You needn't be so close." You told him, hand over his that rested on your protruding belly. 

"I know, Dudette, but I am so excited to see my little sidekick the first time."  he grinned at you.

You chuckled a little at his nickname for your baby.

Before anything else could be said the technician came in and addressed you 

"Hello there ms. L/N. How are you feeling this morning?" 

"I'm doing well. My boyfriend and I are very excited to see our baby." 

"Well then I won't delay." She laughed a bit. 

You hiked up your shirt and she slathered the gel onto your abdomen. You winced, you had expected the gel to be cold, but it was warmer than body temperature. Not enough to burn you, just enough to be noticeable. The scan began and the technician watched the screen, then you heard her gasp. 

Alfred jumped on that faster than you did "Is there something wrong with out baby?!" He asked in panic. 

The technician smiled and shook her head. "No, but you should know it's not 'baby' it's 'babies'."

"T-twins?!" You and Alfred squealed in joy and slight panic. 

"Yes, And it looks like a boy and girl from what I can see, although I'm having a hard time seeing baby B right now."

"Twins, how amazing is that, Dudette? I am so stoked for our wonder twins!" Alfred giggled. 

You snorted, your boyfriend and his super heroes. 

Canada:

"Easy now, Maple." Matthew said as he helped you up onto the ultrasound table.

You rolled your eyes "You should pace yourself on  this helping me stuff, Mattie, at this rate you'll burn out before my ninth month."

He shook his head "I could never get tired of taking care of you maple."

You smiled at your boyfriend's sweetness.

The technician came into the room in a huff. You scowled at his rudeness, but had an idea of why he was acting that way, you could see the wedding ring on his finger, he was judging you and Matthew for not being married. At least it didn't  seem as if his bias was affecting his work.

As the scan progressed you and Mattie got progressively more nervous that he was barely talking to the pair of you. 

Finally the older man spoke "Well, you'll be happy to know you're going to be the mother of a healthy seeming baby boy."

You felt your heart fill to gushing with joy. A boy! you and Mattie were going to have a son!

You both were so enraptured and enjoying each other's happiness that you didn't even hear the old fart lecturing you on needing to get married.

England:

"Are you sure you're doing this right?" Arthur pressed the technician. 

"Honey, he went to school for this," You scolded "Just because it's taking longer than you think it should doesn't mean he's doing it wrong."