Chapter 1: Homecoming

A/N: Yo! I promise the fic and writing only gets better from here onwards. I'm still getting used to writing. Later chapters are way longer (+/- 3000 words). Mind letting me know your thoughts on the chapter in the comments? Thank you, seriously, thank you for taking time out of your day to read my fic. 

~ Tofu

***

A cloaked figure walks through Magnolia, they are heading towards the Fairy Tail guild. They don't notice the chaos happening around them as they walked. They don't even notice that people are staring at them wearily or that there are guild members on the roofs fighting, who also stop and stare once they feel the strange figure's presence and aura. The two members on the roof look at each other thinking if they should stop this person but decide not to as their aura is terrifying. The cloaked figure continues their way towards the guild.

Meanwhile in the guild...

The runes that indicates the amount of members still fighting went up once again, surprising everyone. They thought all the members had been accounted for. So who is this person?

***

Your P.O.V

It's been years since I've been here. I wonder if Master will still remember me. Actually I wonder if the whole guild will remember me. It's been a whole 5 years. I hope they will forgive me for not being strong enough. Horrible memories come flooding back. I should stop. I need to control my feelings or else my magic will get out of hand. 

But I see the guild now. 

Wait, is that even the Fairy Tail guild? Why does it look so different? Master never said anything about revamping it... Well it has been 5 years I guess... Hmm...

Now who are those two standing by the door? They seem as if they are in a heated argument. I sniff the air. Hmm? That smells like Natsu and ... iron? He smells like a Dragon Slayer too. As I walk up to the door I feel runes covering the whole of the guild. Why do they feel like Freed's and why's he covering the guild with ruins? They feel threatening though, I think I will remove them and apologize to Freed later if they are important.

***

Makarov's P.O.V

What is this presence I feel? It feels familiar yet threatening and has death written all over it.

"Natsu! Gajeel! Be wary, I feel a strange presence." I warn, frowning out the door.

"Gramps!" Natsu calls while sniffing the air, "I smell someone."

"Yes, Natsu." I agree, "I feel that someone's magic."

"Gihee." smirks Gajeel, taunting Natsu, "You aren't scared are ya, Salamander?"

"No way, Iron head!" protests Natsu, growing a tick mark.

Natsu and Gajeel start insulting each other.

Hmm. This aura... surely I've felt it before but who's is it? They must've been in the guild. Been? Now let's see . . . who has left the guild . . . wait a moment . . . it can't be (Y/n), can it? It feels like her magic yet it doesn't have the familiarity I am used to.

"Gramps! Look!" points Natsu.

I turn to look at where Natsu is pointing. There is a cloaked person at the door. What are they doing?

***

The runes slowly dissolve into nothing. Natsu and Gajeel look towards the cloaked figure in surprise but then they prepare for a fight as they didn't know the person and they have an aura that has death written all over it. Master Makarov snaps out of his thoughts as his guess is confirmed.

"Natsu! Gajeel! Go stop Laxus!" instructs Makarov, preventing them from starting a brawl, "The cloaked figure is a friend."

"But gramps..." Natsu trails off worried, "I don't recognize their smell..."

"Go my child. I will explain when you get back." assures Makarov.

"Fine." pouts Natsu, then turning to look at Gajeel, "I ain't gonna let you take Fairy Tail's strongest!"

Natsu races off to find Laxus with Gajeel on his tail. Later they split up so they wouldn't get caught up together in Freed's rune traps.

***

Your P.O.V

I'm surprised that gramps can still recognize my aura, surely it has changed? Even I feel death looming around the corner and it's my aura. And what did he mean by stopping Laxus? What did Laxus do? 

So many questions that I don't think will be answered soon judging by gramps expression.

"(Y/n) . . . Am I right?" asks Master Makarov cautiously.

"Yes, master. It is me, (Y/n). I will explain everything to you later." I answer reassuringly, "Mind me asking where Natsu has run off to in such a hurry? Or why the guild is empty?"

"Natsu has run off to find and stop Laxus. In fact the whole guild has. Laxus has gone mad. He turned all of our Miss Fairy Tail contestants into stone statues as bargaining chips. He wants me to hand over the title of master to him. He threatened to break the statues if we didn't comply and so all of our members have started to go after him. But we didn't anticipate that he would have rune traps set up by Freed to get our members to fight each other." He explains quickly.

"Laxus has done all this? I'm not surprised gramps." I reply nonchalantly, "He was always so arrogant and power hungry. I assume the Thunder God Tribe is here too?" I look at the stage lined with statues, "After all Freed is here and Evergreen too, judging by the looks of the statues."

"Yes, they are." confirms Makarov, "Did I mention Erza is a statue?"

"You didn't but why would you mention that? Also she won't be a statue for any longer." I say mysteriously, "Give about 30 seconds. Hang in there Scarlet, I know you can hear me."

"Huh?" mutters Makarov confused.

I look at the statues on the stage. I recognize a few faces . . . Erza, Mirajane, Cana, Levy . . . Then I look back at Erza. In about 5 seconds her statue starts to crack. I walk over but stop before I reach her. I think it's better if I stay back a bit, if she's anything like the Erza I remember. The statue is almost done cracking.

***

Erza's P.O.V

I heard someone talking to me. They sounded feminine and familiar. They seem to be encouraging me to do something. It was kinda weird. I couldn't move but I could hear.

"It's because of her artificial eye." The same voice explains, "It kinda neutralizes the magic a little bit."

"I see, so Evergreen's stone eyes won't work on her at all if she has her artificial eye open only?" wonders Master.

"Nope. She would be perfectly fine." The mysterious voice confirms.

The light hits me hard. It is so bright. I try to gather my bearings. After blinking multiple times, I can see clearly again. Master is standing and talking to a cloaked figure who looks suspicious to me. I requip my sword and thrust it towards them. To my surprise they just lift their hand and my sword falls onto the ground.

"Scarlet, attacking me won't help your current situation, you should be using your energy on Evergreen and get your friends back to normal." booms the same mysterious voice.

"Who are you?" I snap defensively.

"A long lost friend." The voice says secretively, "Now go after Evergreen, she's turning someone into a statue."

After hearing that another one of my guild mates is being turned into a statue, I run off to find her. She is going to pay for hurting my guild mates.

***