Chapter 5

I hadn't realized i fell asleep until i woke up to darkness.

I get out of my chair near my phone and make my way to the control room, using the walls to guid me.

Nothing is on.

I panic and make my way to my room to look for a flashlight. I grasp the wall and guide myself around my room finding some boxes. I rummage through them eventually finding my flashlight.

Hearing the click go on, the darkness is now replaced by a ring of light. I guid it around my shuttle, looking for anything that could help me get the power back on. Remembering the backup generator i make my way to it, tripping a couple time over some fallen objects from earlier.

I quickly turn the generator on and soon the lights come back on, not before they turn back off.

Sighing i slowly slide down a nearby wall and put my head in my hands. And then a thought comes to mind

The escape pod. I can go check if its damaged and if not, at least i will have a chance.

Knowing i wont be coming back i head to the control room and grab the picture of my family. I make my way to my room and grab some more personal supplies from home as well as my food stash. Struggling to carry everything i grab a box and tie a rope around it to secure my belongings, and make my way to the pod.

I suit up and tether myself to the shuttle, along with tying my box of belongings to my back, i grasp the side and slowly climb to the pod.

As the escape pod comes into view i notice that there are no damages, sighing in relief i make my way over.

I open the hatch and climb inside, setting my box beside my chair, i press the start button hoping the power would still work. I wait a few seconds and start seeing the lights come to life and surrounds the interior of the pod, i smile to myself. I find the directions and look at how to detach myself from my shuttle.

I find a lever and pull it down, suddenly detaching the pod. I look behind me as it becomes smaller and smaller until it is just a speck.

Wherever I'm going, at least ill get a shot at surviving.