The Call

"Hello"

"Good morning, is this Olivia Katherine?"

"Yes and whom may I ask am I speaking to?

"This is Phil, I'm a certain someone's manager and we want you to take on the Personal Assistant job." He said over the phone. "Is there a time we can meet up and talk"

I put him on speaker and looked at my calendar. "I can meet tomorrow at 10?"

"Let's meet at my office at 10. I can text you the address and information." He explained.

"Okay thank you"

"See you tomorrow"

Once he hung up, I danced around my apartment finally excited to start a new chapter of my life.

I should probably explain this phone call. I, Olivia Katherine, a 23 year old business major with a minor in communications, who is employed in a program that hires personal assistants. I live in LA and attending UCLA part time while also working at Starbucks to help pay for my apartment that my dad pays for. I have two best friends, James and Kayla. I met Kayla at school and I work with James at Starbucks.

Someone must have found me in the database and liked my resume.

I called James and Kayla up to see if they wanted to go shopping with me for an outfit for my meeting tomorrow.

_

"So did they tell you who you'll be working for?" Kayla asked as we walked around the grove.

"No, he did say he was a manager though so it will probably be another YouTuber like my last job"

"What even happened with that job?" James asked.

"The guy couldn't afford to pay me anymore" I replied. "Let's try Nordstrom"

I picked a couple dresses, chosen by yours truly, and the others.

The first two were a no go but I really liked the third one. I walked out to see what my friends thought.

"Girl you look smoking hot" Kayla said.

"I'd tap that if I was straight" James added.

I smacked his arm.

"So it's a no" I said as I walked back into the dressing room.

"What? No! Why?" They both pulled me back out.

"It's too much for a meeting"

"Correction: It's the perfect first impression" Kayla said.

I looked at her and James through the mirror biting my lip nervously.

James nodded, agreeing with her.

"That IS two against one" Kayla pointed out.

We always go by the majority rule in this friendship.

"Fine"

I headed back to change into my clothes so we could head out for dinner.

First chapter! I know it's slow and kind of just a backstory but I promise it gets better, or at least in my mind it does :)