s i x t e e n

With the walls breached, walkers flooded through the farm we'd made. Carl pulled me farther and farther away from them as his father yelled. 

"Everyone! Get back! Get into your houses, go!" Rick yelled frantically shooting a couple of the walkers. Carl pulled his handgun out from his thigh holster as we ran towards the houses. 

There seemed to be no end of the horde. Hundreds of walkers piled into the streets of Alexandria. It was something straight out of a nightmare. 

Michonne found the two of us with Ron and Gabriel and made us follow her. Eventually, we met up with Rick who was carrying a limping Deanna.

Michonne cut down any of the walkers that were in our path, as many as she could at least before we got cut off by another pack of walkers. 

I pulled out my knife quickly letting go of Carl's hand as I pushed a walker back and stabbed it through the skull.  Gunshots sounded from in front of us as more walkers that had cut us off fell. Jessie was standing there, with a gun raised. 

"Come on!" She yelled running back towards her house. "I have Judith!" 

We pile into the house, slamming the door behind us. 

I fall to my knees, breathing heavily. I'm not there long before Carl grabs my shoulders pulling me back up to my feet. Jessie is yelling frantically as Deanna screams in pain. 

"Come on baby." He whispers as we head upstairs where Judith is crying. Probably from the loud noises and stress revolving around the room.

From the corner of my eye, I see Sam look at the chaos in the room in horror before his door shuts. 

I take Judith from Carl and sit in a chair, far from any windows. From what I can tell walkers are still spilling in through the fallen wall. After about half an hour, Rick comes in with the news that Deanna is bit.

Jessie had put up sheets over the windows, so that we could move through the house without drawing more attention from walkers. That is something we don't need right now. 

At some point Rick takes Judith from me and I stand up slowly. My knee's pop as I do so and my joints ache as I go downstairs to join Carl. 

He's made his way into the garage. Where Ron is bent over some tools that I assume belonged to his dad. "Ron?" He asks opening the door as it creeks loudly. "Hey."

He steps into the garage, with me close behind him, I shut the door behind us as we walk closer to Ron. The boy seems to be having a crisis at the moment. 

"You all right man?" Carl asks. 

"Enid's dead." Ron says. "We're all dead." 

"We'll make it through this." I argue. "Carl's dad will figure something out."

"He always does." Carl says agreeing beside me. 

"That's bullshit." Ron says getting up angrily to face us. "Your dad's just gonna get more people killed. Cause that's what he does. That's who he is."

A single tear rolls down Ron's face. The teenager is less than a foot away from us. He's close enough that I can see the pain and pent up anger he has towards Rick. 

"Your dad's a killer." Ron finishes. 

"So is mine," I say with a glare. "and guess what, yours is too. Everybody is a killer these days."

Ron stays quiet for a long time. He looks between Carl and I as he breathes heavily. 

"We need to work this out." Carl tells him remaining calmer than most would.