e l e v e n

Last night after we had gone to bed, Glenn, Tara, Eugene and Nicholas came back from their run. They had lost Noah and Aiden to the walkers, couldn't even bring a body home to bury. 

I could only imagine how Deanna and her husband Reg felt, one of their sons now deceased, torn from them forever. Apparently, Carol had made them a lasagna for the grieving family; keeping up appearances I suppose. 

Dad had woken me up sometime in the middle of the night to tell me that he would be leaving with Aaron at that moment. Getting a head start I suppose.  I simply nodded and murmured an 'I love you' before falling asleep once more in Carl's arms. 

___

When we wake up, the house almost seems grim. The atmosphere is tense and upsetting. Tara, had gotten hurt and was currently unconscious. 

"You two are in charge of Judith." Michonne says heading out the door with Rosita. "She's already been fed, and she's back in her crib."

"Okay." I respond before kissing Carl on the lips tenderly. "I'm gonna go get her dressed."

 "Okay babe." He says nodding before going in for another kiss and I blush, my cheeks getting so hot I could almost have a fever. 

I run up the steps two at a time. Once I come to the top I slow down and walk quietly to the girls room where she lays in her crib. Her eyes are open and she stares at the ceiling, smiling when she sees me. She reaches her arms up towards me and I smile picking her up. 

 "Hi Judy." I murmur as she says her attempt at my name. 

I pull out a pinkish color dress for the girl and slip it over her head. When she appears out the other side, she has a pout on her face but I tickle her sides quickly and she cheers up in seconds. 

"I know pumpkin, wearing clothes and being this adorable is hard." I tell her bringing her downstairs. 

"That was quick." Carl says taking her from me and kissing my lips once more. "her strollers outside."

"You wanna go outside on a walk Judith?" I ask and she nods clapping. 

"Car! Eri!" She says giggling and I look at Carl as a grin that reflects mine appears on his face. 

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that." He murmurs opening the front door and placing Judith in her stroller. 

For the most part, our walk in the streets is silent. Something catches Carl's eye and he doesn't stop looking towards it until I avert my attention also. 

It's Enid, she's climbing over the walls into the outside world and I sigh. For some reason, Carl finds the mysterious girl interesting. Don't get me wrong, she is interesting and nice but why does Carl seem so infatuated with her? 

"Go." I tell him shaking my head. 

"What?" He asks turning his attention towards me. 

"Follow her," I reiterate. "I know you want to." 

"Cherokee-" He says reaching for my hand and I squeeze his delicately. 

"It's fine." I whisper before pushing Judith's stroller. 

"Ok," He says. "I love you."

"I know."

___

When I make my way back to the house, Carol is there also. A frown rests upon my face as I carry Judith into her crib for a nap before walking back downstairs. 

"What's wrong?" Carol asks. 

"Nothing." I say shaking my head. 

"That's a big fat lie, but I won't push you." She says. "Will cookies help?"