20 - i wish you weren't the only one

Heather's pov

Sunday morning finally comes and I couldn't be happier about it

Sunday morning finally comes and I couldn't be happier about it. My whole demeanor has changed day by day as the so wanted day got closer.

I could feel myself change over this week. Hope, some sort of happiness and this anxious feeling has been growing inside me these last few days.

Even though I'm still picking pieces of myself from the ground where I feel when I found myself alone, my mindset is completely different.

It's true we don't get better from day to night, but our attitude is a big part of the process and if we, ourselves, don't believe we'll get better, then we probably won't.

Am I totally myself again? No. I still have nightmares, it still is hard to fall asleep at night. But letting myself fall and go along the draining thoughts and just let darkness drown me, it isn't the best option. I was given the opportunity of a lifetime, I have someone who loves me beside me, and I can't just throw that out of the window.

I won't keep letting darkness haunt my days and I'll do everything to be myself again.

What happened these last four months, it wasn't me. I'm not like that. I don't give up that easily and I don't commit myself to decay.

Something that I learnt by living many years on a mental institution is that hope and our mental sanity are things that we have too keep save and alive.

For moments, I wanted to give up, but then Rocky came to mind. She would never let me give up. She wouldn't accept me just give up myself to demons and she would tell me to keep fighting.

So that's what I'm doing, or at least, I'm trying.

With the bedroom all tidy, I go to the kitchen to start preparing breakfast. It has been a while since I last did this.

Turning on the radio, the sound of Freddie Mercury's voice echoes through the kitchen, putting a soft smile on my face. It's my lucky day. I don't even remember the last time I turned it on.

The coffee is ready and the pancakes are done. But when I'm about to sit down and eat, someone knocks at my door.

Letting out a sigh, I go open the door that reveals Rachel, for much of my surprise. He is probably the last person I'd see today and at my door.

A gasp of surprise escapes my lips and the man in front of me shows me a weak smile.

"I'm sorry for showing up without warning." He tells me. "But I need to talk to you. Can I come in?"

"Sure. Come in." He enters and I close the door. "I just made breakfast. Want anything?"

"I'd do anything for a coffee right now." He replies with a light laugh as we walk to the kitchen.