16 - for much lame, cheesy and cliché as it sounds

Heather's pov

Today is a big day

Today is a big day. A really special day. Today, Appetite for Destruction, the best of album of 1987, by Guns N Roses is released.

Everyone is excited and also already drinking. It's five in the afternoon and I'm over at Axl and Izzy's place, where everybody is celebrating the masterpiece.

The small apartment is crowded. Or at least it seems small with the amount of people who are spread around, chatting and with a cup or bottle in their hand, as music plays on the background.

I'm sat on Duff's lap on the couch where's Steve is sat as well. On my hand is a beer, that I sip from occasionally.

My eyes feel heavy and I barely pay attention to what’s around me. These last couple of days have been tiring as hell.

I’ve been taking the bus everyday to Santa Monica to go to Geffen for meetings with my manager and producers to sign contracts and discuss things.

Vanessa said that I need to start going to the studio and work on a single as soon as possible and that scares me. I never wrote songs or did any music related things apart from singing my favourite songs in my daily routine.

She said that I don’t really have to write songs and that writers and composers can do it for me, but that just sounds fake to me. I don’t wanna sing and release things for the world that are not mine and someone had to do it for me.

In all my life, never anybody did anything for me, so this won’t be the first time. I always did everything for myself and fought for what I want and believe.

So basically, I need to get my shit together and start working on something.

“Is everything ok?” Duff whispers in my ear so I turn to him, a weak smile playing on my lips.

“Yeah.” I nod. “I’m just a bit tired, that’s all.”

“Do you want me to take you home?”

“And miss all the fun? No way! I’m ok.”

“You’re clearly not.”

Work is not the only thing that’s bothering me. Duff leaves in two months on tour and I don’t know how to deal with it. I know it’s only five months and he’ll be back by New Years Eve. Only five months but seems like an eternity and I don’t know how I am going to live without him.

It’s not going to be the same.

Selfish, I know. I sound fucking selfish and I hate myself for that. It’s only five months and he’ll be back in my arms, right?

“I’m great.” I drink the rest of my beer and set up form his lap. “I need another drink.” I can hear him call for me, but I don’t say anything.

Walking to the kitchen, I pass through the unfamiliar faces. I reach the counter where the bottle of beverages are on display and grab the on who I feel like drinking right now. Jack Daniels. Taking a solo cup, I fill it up, maybe a little to much that what it’s supposed to.