12 - but they never die, as my love for you never will

Heather’s pov

The weather is warm

The weather is warm. The sun shines bright on the blue sky above our heads. People walk down the busy streets, ignoring everyone around them. That’s how this city works. Full of strangers who care about nothing but themselves.

Duff and I walk hand in hand. We are on our way to the studio where the Guns have been recording their album. We also had to take the bus, due the Rumbo Records is way too far from my house to go by foot. And also, Duff hasn’t got a car. He told me two months ago he would get one after signing with Geffen. He hasn’t done it.

The feeling of his lips against mine hasn't left my mind since the moment they first crashed together. Butterflies erupt inside my stomach when I think about it.

We spent the rest of the night together, sharing shy kisses and our arms around one another. His touch is so addictive, I feel like I need to be under his hold every second.

“We’re here.” Duff’s voice stops my train of thought. He pushes a door open and we both get inside. I follow him, our hands never let go.

Another door is opened and now we’re inside recording room.

Inside are the rest of the ban members and another man who I assume to be the producer.

“Sup fuckers.” The bassist says, announcing our arrival.

“You’re late.” Axl spits, not moving his eyes away from the notebook where’s he writing.

“Piss off, Axl.” He rolls his eyes and turn to the man on the chair. “Mike, this is Heather.”

We exchange our hellos.

Being around the Guns isn’t something new. The ones I become closer during the past five months have definitely been Slash and Steve. Axl intimidates me even though he’s a sweetheart and Izzy, well… He’s so quiet and barely around, so I don’t know what to think of him.

I site down  between Slash and Steven on the couch. “Hey guys, missed me?” I grin, receiving one from them as well.

“Ok Axl, we’ll start with you.” Mike says. “You ready?” Axl grabs his notebook and nods at the man. He gets inside the recording booth and puts on the headphones, showing Mike a thumbs up, who sends one back too.

The producer hits some random buttons and a beautiful guitar melody starts. The song starts building up and then Axl begins to sing.

“She got a smile that it seems to me…”

“I hate this fucking song.” Slash mumbles, making me look at him surprised.

“Why?” I ask, his gaze meeting mine. “It sounds great.”

“I don’t know, I just don’t like it that much.” He shrugs, his eyes landing on Axl again.

My eyes look for Duff, who’s sat on the other couch with Izzy beside him. Our gazes meet and I can’t help but smile.