“Do you still need some time to think, Thomas? Remember, boy, we don’t have so much time.” The fox face interrupted him.

Thomas gathered his courage as he took a deep inhale. He got used to face the fear. There was no way he would run away though the fear grew so fast inside of him. He could fight that one more time.

“We’re gonna find a way, Thomas,” Minho broke the silence. “Try not to die before we find you.”

Thomas smiled. For the first time, he felt his smile was too clumsy. He hated his world. He hated how life treated him, like he didn’t deserve to spend more time with the rest of people he love, much less let them grew up together until the end of the time. He suddenly missed the Glade. Aprat from fear that surounded him every time, Glade taught him about friendship and how precious it was.

“So, I’d rather say, good bye.” He lifted his leg, finding his way. Three steps he took, he stopped. He peered through his shoulder.

Standing there, watching him, there were Harriet, Sonya, Vince, Hans, Gally, Frypan, Clarisse, Jorge, and Brenda. He swore he caught Brenda’s sad face. The view made him feel worse. He reached his hand out just to realize he couldn’t use it to wipe her tears. Even if it was the last time they met. He end up staring at her, hopping his gaze could represent his hand.

“What else are you waiting for, Thomas?”

Thomas straighten his face, shot the fox face a harsh glare. Not long until he heard the footsteps from behind. It sent his eyes back to where his friend were watching him. There he saw Brenda was running toward him. He squinted a moment, then started running, cutting the space between them. By the second, they reached each other.

They were only a few inches away, exchanging glare. Tears found their way to breakthourg her eyes, running down her cheeks. His hand cupped his face. Using his thumb, he wiped her tears. He wanted to say something to composed her, but no word came out. So, he pulled her into a tight hug.

“Don’t go, Thomas,” she pleaded. Her voice cracked.

“I wish I have a choice, Brenda,” he released himself to meet her eyes.

“I don’t wanna lose you.”

“No, Brenda. It’s not forever. I’ll come back. I always escape from WICKED, remember?”

“I will stay. Vince has a plan.” She told him.

“No,” Thomas shook. “No, please don’t. Promise me you will go with Jorge and the rest. Wait for me in Safe Haven. I’ll come back there. We’re gonna go to the beach and see the sunset together.” He didn’t hope Brenda would believe in his words cause he himself didn’t. Felt like he had repeated his crap to little Chucky. But, he couldn’t let Brenda involve into this dangerous situation.

She stayed silent. Her face explained everything though.

“Promise me, please!”

Her lips quivered, not because she tried to speak, but tried not to sob.

“Say you promise me, Brenda!”

“I promise,” she eventually said that phrase with tears seepped out of her eyelids, showing she was against her promise.

“Um-hm,” the fox face cleared his voce, intentionally interrupting them. “You’d better end this drama soon or you’ll see another ‘drama’!”

Thomas groaned in despair. “I love you.”

The words he said made himself stiffened. Those weren’t just words, but feeling. He loved her. He wasn’t sure when his feeling exactly changed. All he knew, he had liked her since the first time he met her. The feeling grew stronger and stronger by the time until he realized it turned into love. He loved her. The thought about this ‘war’ made him sick. He wished he had more chances to explain how much he loved her.