Chapter 14

Minho made his way, stopped right beside Thomas. They exchange glanced, then aimed their eyes to the third person who strode closer, barely limping. The other two boys stepped away, giving him space. He stopped three feet away from them. Although the boy looked rarely different with his new hair that cut short, Thomas didn't hesitate. He was him, his best friend. The person he was looking for.

"Minho." His lips curved, forming a big smile. The last time Thomas hopped Newt gave him such that smile, Newt lost. He'd never thought he would miss Newt smile so badly.

"Yeah. It's me. Thanks God! I'm glad to see you alive, Newt." Minho smirked in return. "I thought you ..." He didn't let the next words came. His smirk vanished at the moment

Newt caught Minho's shoulder, squeezing it tightly. "I know, dude." He turned to see Thomas.

"Newt, I'm so sorry. At that time, I used to take you with me, no matter what. I shouldn't leave you there."

"Don't say that, Tommy. You made the right choice. I know you always do." A friendly look from Newt spread warmth through his vein. Newt didn't look angry, obviously. The one and only emotion that plastered his face was happines.

"I miss you, Newt." Thomas and Minho said simultanously.

"Me either. I miss you so much."

A great happines turned on their smile, making them looked shinny. Newt took a step closer, reaching out his friends by the arms. They wrapped each other in tight friendship embrace.

Thomas had almost lost his hope after hearing Gally's opinion. He suppossed it would spend so much time to find one person between a thounsands who lived in Denver-if Newt really was still alive. Moreover, WICKED and Crank would complicate or even mess them. But now, there he was. Alive and healthy.

"I thought I could only meet you in my dream, Dude." Minho mumbled, a hoarse voice.

They released themselves. Tears moistened their eyes. They looked at each other, as if to make sure the others also filled their eyes with tears. Laugh exploded as they realized they were crying like sissy.

Thomas stopped laughing. "How could you safe from .." he trailed off, realizing what he was about to say. "I don't mean that. I mean, I'm happy you are here, healty. Just curious."

"I know. That's you really are. Always bloody curious about everything." Newt giggled. "Well. I'm sure, I am as happy as you are. This is a long story. How could you guys get here by the way?"

"Actually, not only both of us." Minho tilted his head a second. He took several step aside, giving Newt space to see behind him. "Oh, and we have a surprise for you."

Gally and the others had already known what had been going on. They stood in a row, shoulder to shoulder. Their eyes froze to Newt. Sonya eventually strode forward. She wasn't taking his eyes off of Newt while she was coming toward him. Tears gathered in his eyes, making them sparkling. She stopped one step from Newt.

"Newt," she said softly. Her hand raised, reaching her big brother's cheek.

Smile dissapeared from Newt's face. His expression was unreadable. He might be bewildered by Sonya's gesture. He didn't know how to react. Newt didn't approve WICKED to return his memory. There was no chance he would know Sonya as his little sister. He only knew Sonya as a girl from group B.

"Newt, I ..." Sonya paused. Tears ran down her cheeks, hung on her chin, then fell down to the ground. Her eyes still glued to Newt. "I ..."

"Lizzy." Newt almost wisphered. He caught Sonya's hand, grasping it tightly. He pulled Sonya into a hug.