Chapter 1

- Past -

Amelia POV

"I said stand down! Did I not make myself clear enough?" I said sternly as I point my sword to the person who was threatening the Queen.

"So what? The Queen shouldn't even be alive! She did terrible things. " Said the person who glare at me.

As I was about to say something a voice spoke up. "What's going on here?"

I turned around and saw Charles Grey and Charles Philipp walking towards us.

I bow before taking a step aside. "This man suddenly came here and threaten to kill Her Majesty."

"Leave. I'll deal with this." Charles Grey said to me.

I nodded and gave the man one last glare before walking off.

"I'll kill that man if I see him again." I muttered angrily.

******

"Her Majesty has requested a ball soon, so I want you all to be on guard to Her Majesty." Said the leader of the Royal Guards.

"Yes, Sir!" We said in unison.

"When is the ball?" Asked one of the member.

"In a week."

Nodded we did and we got dimissed after that.

"A ball in a week? I guess we have to be on guard since there's going to be lots of Heir coming." I heard a conversation started.

But I paid no mind into it. I walked away to my position and stood there straight.

"Hey, did you hear that someone is going to attack the palace soon?"

"Yeah, I did! "

"I don't know why would someone attack the palace. It's such a beautiful place."

I hate that tone. It sounded like sarcasm. Fake voice and act.

I stared at the maid and butler as they walked passed me, talking about the attack on the palace.

I never heard the news of that. It should be going around by now. But I heard nothing of it. If we heard it, we should be prepared to guard the Queen.

Just as I stared the maid and butler turned the corner of the hall, a glass shattered next to me. I flew to the side and slide across the floor.

I gasped at the sudden attack. I blinked before standing up. I looked outside. I widened eyes.

"Get down, everyone!" I shouted as I threw myself on the floor and heard a gun shot.

I saw one of my royal guard member get shot in the head.

"Someone get to the Queen!" I heard someone shouted.

Dust was everywhere. I couldn't see a thing but dust flying everywhere. If I get up, I'll definitely get shot at. I couldn't do that. Maybe, I'll give it a try. I know my life is in the line right now but I need to get to the Queen.

I began to nod to myself, telling myself I could to this. "Okay, I could do this. "

I took a deep breath before bolting up from the floor and bolt towards the Queen. Guns were shooting my way. I try to dodge them but got one hit on my forearm.