127

If the four girls thought the ride to Mexico was hard, the ride back was even worse. Adding a 6 foot tall unconscious man just complicated things. Naomi was sitting on Lydia's lap once again while Kira sat on Malia's lap. Naomi suggested that the young Derek be put in the trunk, but both Scott and Stiles refused. Malia also agreed with Naomi. Derek was unconscious. He wouldn't know.

Scott and Stiles dropped off Malia and Kira back at their house on the way to Deatons, who is Scott's veterinarian boss. He happens to know a lot about the supernatural. Scott and Stiles carried Derek into the clinic while Naomi and Lydia followed.

Naomi wanted to go home and sleep, but Lydia was her ride home. Lydia left her car here at the clinic, so her mother wouldn't be suspicious. The group had told their parents that went camping for the weekend, not Mexico. Lydia also picked Naomi up so she didn't have her car here. Naomi's mother was currently in New York, so she didn't have to worry. Even if her mother was here, she wouldn't worry. Her mother didn't care what she did.

"Wow." Deaton said when Scott and Stiles placed Derek on the metal examination table.

"Wow? Wow as in I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do kind of wow? Because that is the kind of wow we're looking for." Stiles said. Naomi rolled here eyes as she hopped onto one of the counters. She fiddled with the rings perched on her fingers.

"I think you're overestimating my abilities." Deaton says.

"He's cold." Lydia says touching his forehead.

"So, is this permanent?" Naomi asks Deaton.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adaquite. This is well beyond my experience." He states.

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Until he wakes up, not much. It might be best to leave him here with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton says.

"You mean from Kate?" Lydia asks.

"If she is alive and is what you say she is, she won't be able to get past those gates." He explains.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Scott asked.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be good for anyone but her." Deaton says.

"You guys should go home." Deaton started. "He doesn't seem to be in any danger. So maybe you guys should get some sleep. It's a school night...And you all need to start taking care of your own lives."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott tells Deaton.

"I'll stay." Lydia says.

"I'm not okay with this." Stiles disagrees. Lydia choses not to respond as she dug in her purse. She pulled out her keys and gave them to Naomi.

"You can take my car home. I'll get you to pick me up later."

"Do you need me to pick you up for school?"

Lydia shook her head. "I'm gonna stay until we figure out what's wrong with him."

"Are you two choosing to ignore me?" Stiles asks. "I'm still not okay with this."