Chapter XII: Solutions

After Chris catches back up with the rest of the team, he begins to take the lead, guiding the rest throughout the town. After a while of silence, Chris reaches into his right pocket while saying "Oh yeah, you three might need these". He pulls out a handful of bullets from his pocket and says "I won't be needing these".
  "Where'd you get all of these?" Ziya asks.
  "Are you kidding?" Chris asks. "I stayed on the higher floors before the game even began. I only came down after the game started, even then I scouted up ahead of you guys a while back... did you not remember that?".
  "What about you? Won't you need it too?" Drake asks.
  "Oh, no I won't be using these at all" Chris says. "These are nine millimeter bullets, or more properly known as "9x19 Parabellum" rounds. The guns I have now can't fit that type of ammunition. I have a ".357" revolver and a ".338" sniper rifle". After that, Chris pulls out a small revolver and shows it to them. "Take all of the nine millimeter ammo you want, I can't use it" He says.
  "Well, we're almost to the next set of stairs" Ziya says. "We can take a short rest and work on loading our magazines with the ammo then. It'll be a little difficult trying to put the bullets into a mag one at a time while walking".
  "Having only one magazine kinda makes using these in difficult situations more... difficult" Judy says.
  Ziya looks over her shoulder at Judy. "Catch..." she says as she throws an empty pistol magazine at Judy, then throws another one at Drake.
  "Keeping empty mags from the dead guys?" Chris asks. "Not bad, Ziya... not bad at all".
  "It'll be easier that way, won't it?" Ziya asks. "Survival is all about resourcefulness. If we keep the empty magazines, then we can keep them for later, fill them up with ammo, and when we run out of bullets in our current weapon, we can just swap it for the other mag to stay in the fight".
  After they find a spot to rest, everyone began slowly loading their ammo into their magazines for their weapons. As they did this, Chris began to explain the usage for their guns. "Also, make sure you hold onto your pistols for the rest of the game" Chris says to Drake and Judy. "They may seem less effective against the other guns, but since that same pistol is the only gun available on the first five floors with firearms, then it's more common to find parts for your gun, or a replacement gun altogether".
  "Do the other magazines not fit in this pistol, even if they're also a nine millimeter pistol?" Judy asks.
  "No" Chris says. "The magazines you have now fit because they're designed for that gun in specific. The weapons you've been finding so far, with the exception of that MP5 that Ziya has, are all called the P226 and none of their parts will be interchangeable. Since you've already collected magazines for those weapons, that alone can make your pistols versatile enough to survive any fight".
  "Also, I've noticed Zizi is putting the same ammo we use into her submachine gun" Drake says. "Does that take the same ammunition?".
  "Yes" Chris says. "That submachine gun also uses the 9x19 Parabellum rounds".
  "And if the pistols are so versatile, then why aren't you using one?" Judy asks.
  "Ah, good question" Chris says. "You see, I've found this revolver. Revolvers don't use a magazine, they use a revolving chamber. When I need to reload, I just pop this open here..." Chris then opens up the revolving chamber, with the spinning chamber sticking out of the side of the gun. It had four empty spaces out of six total spaces in the chamber, so Chris took out four bullets and loaded them into the chamber. "I just do this, and it's ready to go. However, it's kind of hard to find the bullets I need for this revolver, so I try not to use it too often... I just love the way it feels though". Chris then began to giggle quietly to himself.
  "That's-uh... neat" Judy says, staring in concern at Chris.
  "Moving on" Ziya says, "we all now have a backup magazine. Does everyone have full ammo for both mags?".
  "Yeah, as much as I could fit in here" Judy says.
  "I'm full here as well" Drake says.
  "One more thing" Chris says as he hands two more bullets to each of them. "The one in the chamber rule. Watch this". Chris takes Drake's pistol, puts in one magazine, then loads it. After that, he puts the safety switch on, and takes the magazine back out. After that, he puts one more bullet in the magazine and hands it back to Drake, with the magazine still outside of the pistol. "If you load the gun, it'll take a bullet out of the mag. After that, you can load one more bullet in the magazine, which will increase your capacity by one. Also, one more thing... don't put the magazine in or take off the safety switch, and for the love of god, do not put your finger anywhere near the trigger unless you're absolutely ready to shoot. Okay?".
  "Y-Yeah... alright" Drake says.
  "Good" Chris says. "Ready to move out now?".
  "I'm not going to be shot in the face as soon as we go up the next flight of stairs, am I?" Drake asks.