Introduction

• Dedicated to Anyone who's ever had a hectic day

        Beep! Beep! Beep! my alarm clock went off...ugh I slammed it down and put on my glasses. O joy, a Monday, another day of work! My body groaned yet I couldn't be late for work...Half hour later, I signed on my laptop. My boss waved to me through his webcam. "Good morning, Autumn." I didn't reply. "Today, you'll just be virtually practicing your skills but first come and see me, I have an assignment for you."

         Ugh...virtual practice simply meant entering a realm and completing missions on the computer. The boss never looked at our progress in those virtual stuff, it was just practice which I loved but at this hour in the morning, no one would be on to help me. It would be so boring. Sigh...my boss would never spare me a few hours of sleep. When I was dressed, I took the elevator down to his floor. I lived in the highest floor of the company's building and the boss worked on a secret floor.

          Great, my mind fumbled to remember what the new password was. Oh well, I just took out the key from my pocket and turned it in. The elevator checked my fingerprint and my boss's security system finally let me in. I remembered the first time walking out of the elevator. I was so self-conscious. I had worn a long pants and vest with a jacket, all dull orange. I still was wearing my small hoop earrings and my short-heeled shoes. No makeup, yep you heard me right. I entered my boss's office with confidence, he didn't even look up at me.

I sat myself down. "You wanted to give me something?"

He deliberately took long to look up. I seethed with impatience. I hated being treated this way. I stood up. "I guess you'll call me when you need me."

He glanced up. "Oh Autumn, why didn't you say you were in here?"

Great. I forgot I sometimes spoke softly, I sighed. How stupid can I get? I was going to lie but I decided not to say anything.

He went on, "I want you to do some physical training."

I really did need to improve on that. "Okay."

Mr. Rehum which was what everyone called him, said, "There's also a surprise but you'll see what it is soon enough." I raised my eyebrows with interest. Oh, I was so excited. I left to start PT. {Physical Training}

**************************************************************

          The building was like a hotel with a gym, pool and tennis courts, etc. The gym was pretty huge but each person was assigned their own equipment and the system automatically kept track of the individual's progress. When I entered it, I usually never greeted anyone, not because I didn't want to but I was too shy and didn't know anyone. This time, I was lucky though, no one was there, it was probably too early. I sighed at least I wouldn't be feeling awkward since there was no one. I began with the thing I dreaded the most: the treadmill. It was so boring and tiring, I was pretty certain I had the lowest mark in it. Each month, PT results were posted and updated in our records as well. I was intelligent, just not very well at sports. My understatement of the day.

          The routine was to basically do stretches, etc then work with the machines. I lasted 2 hours. After, I was panting, my body wasn't that unfit, I just wasn't used to this. I decided to do some tennis, it was like the only sport I was good at unless you counted swimming. Another hour passed, then lunch time came. I entered my office which was on the boss's floor and a box of food was on my desk. I signed in to do Virtual Training. Virtual Training came out when virtual worlds were introduced. My training wasn't strenuous because it was an actual game. Other people played it, not just people who were within the company. In fact, I had been playing it since I was 14. With 4 years of training, you'd think I would've passed it by now. Well, I did. It's just that people like me choose to stay on because it is a part of our life. We can't do without it. In my case, I had family on it and someone I loved....