Chapter 13 - The Call

Start from the beginning

Leo was squirming against me and AJ just kept playing on the floor, but I was too deep in my head to notice anything.

~

Michael: The kids had fun with the animals and wanted to stay a while longer.
I told them we should probably rest for a while after the last couple hours, promising them we'll go tomorrow as well.

As we drove through the ranch I thought about how I never felt like I left this amazing place. I knew we did, Angela told me that, and showed me family pictures in a different house. But Neverland was my home, my children's home.
I didn't want to believe I left it once.

We got to the house and I sent the kids to clean up with Grace, then decided too see what Angela and the babies were up to.

"Mama... Mama..." AJ's cries were heard from the nursery. They were followed by Leo's wails.

I raced upstairs to find Angela sitting on the rocking chair, Leo in her arms, her eyes filled with tears as her entire body trembled. Our daughter was standing next to her, begging for attention along with her baby brother.

"Angela? What's wrong?" I quickly came over to her. Then I noticed her phone that lay on the floor.

She only blinked but didn't budge. What happened to her?

I decided to first tend to our crying children, calling Grace in the process to take care of them as I figured out what was wrong with Angela. She didn't even notice that I took Leo from her.

I crouched down in front of my wife, "Angela... Can you hear me? Are you okay?"

Nothing.

I tried holding her hands and asking again but she would move. Then I tried squeezing her shoulders. She only blinked.

Wiping her tears away with my thumbs, I decided to try something. Both my hands cupped her cheeks and I leaned down to kiss her.

Our lips barely touched but it was enough to trigger something and before I knew it, Angela's hand flew across my face.

"No!" she cried. "Don't touch me, Danny, please! Please..."

Danny? Who the hell is Danny?

I grabbed both her wrists before she could slap me again, pulling her close to me. "Angela, it's me Michael... You're okay, shhh..."

Angela sobbed into my chest, "Michael..."

"Yeah, it's me, don't worry." I told her, still soothing her although I was completely dumbfounded.

Her breathing evened and she pulled away. "W- what happened?"

"I was asking myself the same thing... The babies were crying so I ran up here and found you completely... In shock. Like you were somewhere else. You asked someone named Danny to stop... And why is your phone on the floor?"

My wife's eyes widened. "I- I think I got a call from LA county prison..."

"What?" I raised my brows. "Why?"

Angela sighed, wiping her tears. "It's a long story, something I didn't tell you about yet."

She looked way to upset so I decided not to ask her now.