Solving the Issue One Step At A Time.

Elijah's POV

Lord, the date with Rose was .... transparent. I can't help but say I felt a move of openness and trust in our presence. I was so eager to hear about the story of her ex but by the looks of her reaction, I felt complete empathy. Assuming that this guy was an abuser, my heart sank for Rose. Lord, I just wonder why your children have to go through situations like this? Why couldn't you warn her before she stepped foot with that man? 

Just imagining him laying his hands on her makes my skin boil. No woman should ever have to be treated like that by a man. It's sick. After she told me his name, I've been searching for him ever since. Not to stalk, but to have a conversation about his abuse side and add a gallon of Jesus to his life. He needs it. 

Putting his hands on my lady..."Wait did I just say that?" I spoke. Blade titled his head in confusion as I stopped buttoning up my shirt. I shook my head with a smile curled on my lips. "My lady huh? I bet you're laughing God. Got myself into that one" I chuckled. 

As I continued to be dazed in my thoughts, I continued to get dressed for work. Today was going to be a continuing investigation of the hit and run. Mrs. Jackson has been calling and keeping me posted on the information she's found thus far. As for me, I've been visiting the police station and the department as to where the city cameras are controlled to see if I can catch the license plate. 

The only information that we received so far was that the car was navy blue with tinted windows. Smart, I suppose since he didn't want to be recognized. Before I left my house, I said a prayer. "Heavenly Father, King of Kings, Alfa and Omega, I thank you again for what you've done and what you'll continue to do in my life. May this day be a reflection of your will as you use me as a vessel to bring more people to your kingdom. Allow me to continue to humble myself around your creations and shine your light so they may question my character. As they question, may the Holy Spirit present itself to them and capture their hearts. May you allow this investigation to be settled and provide us justice for what happened. If it is within your will, continue to give me the opportunity to draw Rose closer to you as I spend more time with her. Grant this day for you and you alone. I love you with all my heart, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." 

"Alright boy, I'll see you soon." I bent down petting blade. As I showed him, love, he began to whimper and wrap his body around my leg. "You know I can't take you with me. Don't start this" I sighed. He continued to whimper and before I knew it, I was packing him a lunch box and hopping him into my car. 

"You better behave." I pointed at him sternly. He barked in happiness and agreement. "God, I love blade too much." I shook my head. Driving off, I decided to stop at the police station before work. Putting a leash on Blade, we walked into the building. 

"Good Morning, Mr. Pierce." I heard from most of the officers. "Good morning everyone." I smiled. "How can I help you today?" Officer Charles asked. "I'm here to check up on the report of the hit and run that occurred in front of my building." I specified. "Ah yes, come with me." 

Following him into his office, he petted Blade before sitting at his desk. "So far with the description of the car you told, we tried narrowing down our options. We have a total of 145 cars with that description. We have officers out on their shifts, tracking down those vehicles. I also have the location as to where you can check the cameras. They close every day at 9 pm, tell them Officer Charles sent you and it's for an ongoing investigation. As for right now, continue to sit tight we are working on this case as much as we can." I nodded and stayed quiet to process his explanation. 

He noticed I was in deep thought and sighed. "How's Amanda?" he wondered. "She's recovering slowly. She has her good and bad days but the Lord is keeping her strong." I responded. "That's good, I'll keep her in my prayers." He informed me. We continued to talk about the investigation for a couple more minutes until it was time for me to leave.