Rejected.

It has been a couple of days since I last heard from Ashley. I didn't think I performed horribly during the interview, but can a girl be told if she got the internship or not? Everything...well not everything is riding up on this internship this would be a huge stepping stool for my career.  My phone, laptop, and Ipad hasn't left my site nor has my feet failed from the constant walks to the mailbox. 

Steph thinks I'm overreacting and should focus my mind on something else. I have. Searching other internships if I don't get this one. But now that I think about it maybe I should go out and focus my mind on my social life. For once. 

"Rose, come on we will go to the beach without you!" Steph yelled from downstairs. "Just a second!" I hollered giving my laptop one last glance from my email. Don't worry Rose your email is connected to your phone, so whenever you get a mail you'll see it. Tying my hair into a high ponytail, I grabbed my phone and sunglasses rushing downstairs. 

"I'm so glad you decided to go with us. You've been cooped up in this apartment ever since that day. You need some fresh sun." Steph blabbed. "Yes, mom." rolling my eyes. "Such disrespect." she shook her head. Locking the door to the apartment, I went and sat in the passenger seat of her car. 

"Don't forget we have to pick up Chris, he doesn't feel like driving today." "Yea he just being lazy."  We sat in silence as she drove a few streets until reaching Chris's apartment. "Am I allowed to turn on the radio on or is it going to be too loud for your notification bell?" she asked. "Ha ha very funny. Go ahead." I insisted. 

No later than a few seconds was the car filled with Endgame by Taylor Swift. We pulled up in front of Chris's apartment with a honk. Locking his front door, he came into the car with a basket of snacks and sandwiches. "Had to come prepared, the food at the beach is expensive." "Hope you brought our favorites," I added. 

The car ride was about thirty minutes and through the minutes I chatted but secretly looked through my email. "Give it," Steph said. "Huh?" "Give me your phone Rose. I don't want you getting distracted as we hang out." "I'm not distracted Steph, just -- "Seriously Rose, you got the job. The way you described it to us we believe you did. All you have to do is believe too." Chris replied. 

I sighed handing over my phone in defeat. They're right. I shouldn't be this worried and believe that I'm going to be an assistant for a successful businessman. "Thanks, guys." I cheered. For the next five minutes spent we did sing-alongs until we reached the beach. 

The sun was not only glazing the sky but my skin too. I couldn't wait to jump into the icy cool water and just relax. We unpacked the car leaving altogether, to find the perfect spot on the sand. It took a few steps but we were able to find a spot that was in the middle of decent sunlight and fewer children. 

Placing the umbrella in the sand, I laid my towel and left Steph and Chris to get into the water. Icy cool just how I like it once my feet landed in the water. The further I went the nicer it felt and I waited for my friends to join me. No later than a minute we were splashing water at each other and giving one another piggyback ride in the ocean. Chris even taught me how to float, on the 10th time. 

After a swim, we sat and ate our lunch and enjoyed as the sun dried the water from our bodies. Chris kept trying to make us laugh with his corny jokes until eventually, we started laughing to make him feel better. He even disturbed someone else's family to say one but they ended up telling him the truth. "Well, at least we know you don't have a career in comedy." I shrugged. 

He went and got a bucket of water just to dump it on me. "Oh, you're so on!" I yelled. Taking my bucket, we soaked up the majority of our sitting spot in minutes. Then ended up going back to the water and floated.