The Interview.

I could see the tall EPC building as I made a right down the street. My confidence was still radiant, but as I passed each block my breathing began to tighten. Finally reaching into the parking lot, I found a parking spot at the first entrance. 

Locking my car I grabbed my phone, wallet, and portfolio walking into the building. The building itself welcomed you with a scent of success and vanilla. The furniture was very sophisticated and the people dressed as if they were millionaires. 

Huh...maybe this job isn't for me? Who am I kidding this is the dream job! Getting out of my thoughts, I walked up to the front desk. "Hi, can I help you?" she questioned. "Yes, I'm here for my 4:30 interview. My name is Ro-- "Rose Maria Kamson? Give me five minutes to see if Mr. Pierce is ready for you." 

I nodded spotting a seat in the room. Well, you're here. It's now or never. No need to feel nervous like mommy said, "God is with you." Before I knew it, Ashley called me up and gave me directions to the interview room. 

As I trailed down the hall, I opened the last door to my left and walked in. Inside was this tall, equally built, dark-skinned man, waiting for me to sit beside him. "Good Afternoon Ms. Kamson." he smiled. Perfect teeth. Perfect smile. Check. "Good Afternoon, Mr. Pierce," I replied. 

As I walked over to the seat, I didn't realize that one of my wedges got caught on my wide leg until I was leaning into the arms of my future boss. "Are you okay?" he said concerned. Oh my gosh...I did not just trip and have him catch me...! "Ye--s." I chocked. 

Finding the strength to lift myself up, I picked up my belongings and rapidly found the seat that I desperately sat in. "Would you like a cup of coffee?" he wondered. "Yes, please. Two sugars and half a cup of creamer." I stated. My eyes widen to see if I was supposed to make my own coffee, but I watched as he added the ingredients of what I insisted. 

I stayed quiet as he finished my cup and walked over to the table. Thanking him and taking the cup I sat it down in front of me. "So Ms. Kamson, before I even look over your application I need you to answer something for me." "Alright?" I hesitated. 

"What's your favorite entree at Cafe at Chez Panisse?" "I have never been there before." "Huh, okay if you get the job that's the first place we'll go to discuss your objective for this internship. Deal?" "Uh, deal." I agreed. "Now tell me about yourself." 

"I am 20 years old and currently an undergraduate at the University of Southern California. I live with two roommates in an apartment. I moved from Washington at the age of 18 to start my dream in the Economic-Political business." I watched as he nodded and listened to the information. 

"I'm sorry am I boring you?" I said before even thinking twice about my comment. He arched his brow and let out a chuckle. "No I was paying attention but if you think your introduction is too boring be my guess and spice it up." He offered. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that." "It's fine, you seem a bit anxious. I hope I don't seem too intimidating to you." "No no of course not...sigh... I've been looking for an internship for over three months and what you are doing is living my dream." I confessed. 

"You want to start your own company too?" "Yes! After college, that's what I want to pursue. Yea I also want to help people with their economic issues alongside getting involved in politics but I want to be my own boss. I want to be able to hire people who have the same mindset as me in making America stable for everyone." 

"Those are such inspiring dreams Ms. Kamson. I can't tell you how many people have come up to me today and said they would like this job for money, lust, or just to get their parents off their backs." I laughed.