The Process.

Author's Note: 

Hello Readers! I know it's been a whileeeee! But I have some great news. God has allowed me to pass my first semester of college and I honestly can't help but thank Him! I have been through a lot within the fall semester and it's become of Him and a few others who helped me keep my sanity. Now the story that you have been waiting for is finally here! The remaking of His Assistant is going to be 10x times better. I hope you like it and don't forget to leave suggestions if you have any!  

Love you guys and God Bless! 

~~~

"Did you find any job openings yet?" Stephanie asked with a spoon filled with yogurt. "Nope, not yet." I sighed. "It's alright girl. Don't get discouraged. I bet something will come in the mail soon. Why not take a walk and find a flyer or something?" she suggested. 

I rolled my eyes spontaneously. Although, walking around was her helpful suggestion I have done that more than seven times already. I just don't understand how hard it is to have an internship in the economic-political system. I'm 20 years old, why is so hard to find a simple person to shadow!

"Don't think I didn't peep the roll of the eyes sister. But you know I can't help but say that your major is difficult." A 374564 reminder. "Thanks, Steph," I said. "Seriously Rose, don't get discouraged. Try looking online search companies that need an extra hand. You got this." she assured me. 

I watched as she placed her coat on, grabbing her wallet. "I'll be back in a few babes. Don't start dinner without me." As she blew me a kiss, she slammed the door behind her. I always wonder as a person with a fashion major, it seems so easy to find internships in California. 

I sometimes envy Stephanie, but I'm glad she found something that keeps her interested. Being enrolled in the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) on a full ride. I am grateful for finding a friend like her once I moved to California. 

She has been nothing but kind to me, coming from Washington to follow my dreams at the University of Southern California, I was alone. I'm not going to lie and say this transition was the easiest. At the time I didn't have enough money to dorm, but my scholarships, parent's checks, and part-time job were covering my classes just not my living stability.  

It was either find a shared apartment or try California when I was finically stable. Usually, I don't trust strangers but one day at a cafe I was having a mental breakdown and Stephanie came up to me. Hesitation was my first reaction but for some reason trust was my second and I ended up telling her my difficulties. 

As you can see this is where I ended up. Sharing an apartment with two beautiful hard working women. Miarah is the third roommate, she is currently in Paris right now doing what I've always planned to do after school. Travel. 

As I reminisced about how thankful I am for being found by Steph, I was also searching for open internships. I came to a number for an internship in the Economic-Political Company (EPC), one of the many successful companies in that job field. "Mr. Pierce huh?" I commented as I continued to read the requirements. 

My fingers dialed before my mind processed, "EPC, Ashley speaking, how may I assist you?" she answered. "Hi my name is Rose Kamson, I'm calling because of an opening for an assistant helper for Mr. Pierce." "Yes, are you calling to make an appointment?" "Yes, I am." "How does tomorrow at 4:30 sound for you? Please fill out the application, and follow the instructions on the website." "4:30 sounds great! Thank you so much." "Your welcome Ms. Kamson, see you tomorrow. Don't be late." 

My heart beat erupted and my palms became sweaty. All I did was call for an appointment. Get it together Rose! What's gotten into you? Taking a couple of breaths, I placed my phone down starting the application process.