Desperate Times, Calls for Desperate Measures.

"And where are you going?" "To work" Tying my shoelace double knotted, I got up and fixed my appearance one last time. "Rose, I hope you're happy where you at." It's been about three weeks since the last time I spoke to Mr. Pierce. That night was the last straw for me. I've been at it nonstop searching for a job that contains similar features to my career description. 

The one that I have now is working with my economics professor. I was a bit dumbfounded when he explained to me that he did internships. He couldn't have told me that before I went on my break? I could've already started working and receiving insight on what to do and what not to do. 

The only difference in his internship is that he didn't build a company from scratch nor is it payable. So I'll be working for free...yippie. I've been working for professor Simon for a week now and I regret it infinitely. The only "work" that I do is provide him coffee cups filled with espresso and clean his desk. 

An advice he told me was, "Believe that you can do it and if you can't become a college professor. At least you won't be broke." I literally trailed to my car, went back home, and came back the next day.  I've never been so uninterested in working for someone than him. I've tried quitting on the first day but I decided to wait until the week was over before he hit me with the "I'll give you an F" on an assignment I wasn't even assigned to yet. 

"Alright, Professor Bill, I'll be going now," I informed him. Time read 2:45 and I had enough of sitting in a seat organizing test papers in alphabetical order. "Okay, Rose if you need anything let me know. Thanks for your help today." "Actually I do need something. For you to not hire me again once I quit." I stated. 

His eyes read confusion until finally understanding what I concluded. "Have a nice day sir." I smiled and walked out. In my head, the week was over and I hope he knew that too. For the time being, I decided to visit Steph at a fashion studio that she currently works in. It was about fifteen minutes away from my school, not too far, and I picked up two donuts on the way. 

Parking my car, I walked to the front door and was welcomed as the bell rang. "Hey, Rose!" Steph burst. Strolling over to her station, I observed as she was making a floral dress. Her stitches were completed in perfection and her design was original. "I love it." I awed. 

I couldn't be more proud of my bestie's performance. "Thank you. I'll be done with it by Friday," she told. I nodded as she continued to add her embroidery. "So what's up?" "I quitted." "Aww Rose, I'm sorry to hear that." "Say what you really mean Steph." 

"It's about time you quit. He wasn't paying nor showing you how to develop into what your heart desires," she admitted truthfully. I breathed in the truth. No other internship is going to fulfill my desires except EPC. "Desperate times calls for desperate measures huh?" Steph quoted. "You have no idea." 

~~~

Me and God's relationship has been rocky ever since the rejection. Although I try to think sometimes it's not his fault. If I wasn't supposed to get the internship, I know He has something bigger and better planned for me. It's just on a waiting list. A long waiting list. 

I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to the new intern. Nothing to physically harm her for example, getting hit by a car. Nothing to emotionally or mentally taunt her spirit, like being loaded with weeks supplies of paperwork. I would want her to have an amazing time working with Mr. Pierce and getting all the insight on how to build and work in a successful company.

Wait a minute?! I can always call Ashley to retrieve the intern's number and ask what's the job like! Perfect. Rose, you are a genius, and it only took you about four weeks to think of this. As my thoughts rambled, I dialed the front desk number to hear Ashley's voice on the second ring.