Mom's Visit.

Xavier's POV

"That's good, well have a nice night." I ended. "You too." I smiled and walked back to my seat. Sasha waited for me to sit before asking questions. "So big brother, who was she?" she sipped her wine with widen eyes. "One of the women that I interviewed for my internship opening," I told. 

"She was very beautiful. I saw the way your face transformed when she left her table." "Sasha, what are you inferring? I'm not looking for anyone right now. Plus I don't date interns." I assured her. "Okay I get that, but the Lord knows I've been wanting to see my brother happy for the longest." "I am happy." "With a woman by your side. Ever since mom's been in the hospital you have been distant with the family." she reminded me. 

"I try not to be. I'm a busy man. I visit on some occasions." "Yes but I'm not around to check up on you so I figured God why not place a woman who can." "I have God and family to check up on me. What more can a man need?" I watched as she rolled her eyes lifting her menu to choose a dish. 

The waiter came no later and took our orders. The conversation was very dim and I could tell it was because she was upset. I sighed, "Okay Sasha, I understand your point but I'm not ready to get into a relationship right now. I already have a lot on my plate and dating isn't one of them." "I didn't say to date, just to find good company." 

"And if that company turns into dating?" "Then that's a blessing. If it doesn't let it develop into a warm friendship. Xavier, I just want you living a little. You are 23 years old with one of the largest Economic-Political Companies and I can't thank God enough for your accomplishments. But what's it like if you don't have someone to share it with?" 

"Here are your orders." the waiter interrupted. I watched as she placed both our appetizers and entrees in front of us. "Anything else, sir?" she questioned biting her lip. This world definitely needs a cleanse. "Just another bottle of Montoya Cabernet thank you." "Of course Mr. Pierce." she purred. Lord, take her. 

I could hear Sasha's obnoxious chuckles as she watched the waitress walk away. "She tried so hard, huh brother?" "Don't start. Hands." I ordered. Taking Sasha's hand I leaned in for prayer. "Dear Heavenly Father, we come here before you today to say thank you. Thank you for the blessings that you have given to us. Through the family and friends that you have placed within our lives, we give all the great and difficult moments to you. I ask that you bless the food that has been placed in front of us. Bless the people who took out their time to prepare it, and bless the people who ordered it and allow their stomachs to be filled with the food of life. May you continue to watch over the people who are less fortunate then we are and only pray that we continue to be grateful and show kindness towards anyone who walks in our direction. In the name of Jesus, we pray, amen." 

As Sasha and I dug in, I scrolled through my phone checking my emails for any new applications that Ashley sent. "No, what I tell you about being on your phone when you're with me?" she spatted yanking my phone. "Damn it, Sasha, no need to break it," I said. "Sorry not sorry," she mumbled through a mouth full of onion rings. 

"Ya nasty." I shook my head. We spent the next hour or so enjoying each other's company.  After the dinner, I went to visit her son Eric and her husband Williams. "It was nice seeing you too Eric." finally giving him a high five he could reach. "Uncle Xav, when are you coming back to see me?" he asked. "I don't know but soon buddy, and when I do I'll bring you a present." "Yayyy." he cheered hugging my leg. 

I chuckled lowering myself to give him a hug. "Get home safe Xavier, thanks for the dinner." Sasha smiled. "No problem sis, love you." I hugged her kissing her cheek. "Love you too." Dabbing up her husband, I waved goodbye as I exited her driveway.