John Shelby - The Secret Love Affair

Written by BubbleBaby893

The tension had been building up for months now,the endless riling up and teasing was clockwork for yourself and John. You would enter the office and sit at your desk,your tongue toying over your lips,now and again you would nibble at your bottom lip or overly bend over in front of John,giving him a glint beneath your shirt. It was your daily game,your fun for the day that would often result in hungry kisses against the office wall when nobody was watching. The relationship couldn't go any further. John was married to Esme with children and you were his secretary,it wouldn't be fair on you if you Pursued the relationship into something more. With that said,it didn't stop the pair of you indulging in midnight kisses,nights full of passion and desire when you went on business trips,secret touches when sat in business meetings - it was so morally wrong, yet you both couldn't stop yourselves. John was your drug and you were heavily addicted,constantly forward to the rush it would give you once you inhaled it.

You weren't normally one to go for married men. In fact,you found it so disrespectful and disloyal that you frowned upon it. Yet when this conflict played on your mind,again and again, you were forced to choose which side to fight for. The side that believes having and affair with a married man was a sin and the worst thing you had ever done or the side that pushes you to get what you want. After all,your mother had always told you to never give up on something you want,to always fight for the thing you loved and to always stay true to yourself. John was this person,the one that made you bend your morals for a mind-blowing and unforgettable love that you were happily drowning yourself in. Of course it would end in tears, every affair does but the journey was worth the crash and the high was worth the low. You were living on cloud nine without consequences and sooner or later,those consequences were going to come crumbling down.

It was a typical Tuesday night when John Shelby knocked on your door and asked you out for a drink. You didn't normally go out for a drink together on Tuesdays,that was normally Thursdays or Fridays. As normal you ordered your usual whiskey on ice and sat in the quiet back room. Tommy away on a business trip,so it was just the two of you.

"So,John. Tell me,why are we here on a Tuesday night?" You smirked,your legs crossing while you slipped your whiskey neatly,raising your brow slightly as you inspected his expression.

"Just two friends having a drink" John announced,raising his glass and roasting.

"Yeah,two friends having a friendly fuck,right John?" You snapped. You knew that you couldn't be more than that,but that wasn't going to stop you from expressing how you felt about the matter.

"Y/N,you know we can't be any more than that" John stated,smiling sadly at your expression. Of course you already knew that, the thought slapped you every time you saw Esme.

"Then what are we doing? Why are we still doing this,if this isn't going anywhere?" You pondered,tears forming in your eyes that held so much emotion. "Why are we still trying and pretending to be something that we can't?" You questioned, motioning towards the space between you both.

"Because I fucking love you and I'm not letting you go!" John bellowed,the realisation of what he had just said,processed in your mind.

"Then stop loving me! Stop being so fucking selfish and let my broken heart go! Do you know how it feels every time that gold band around your finger caresses my skin, The action of loving,yet the sting of reality sends harshly cold shivers through me?! John,we can't happen any more. I can't keep loving you when it hurts so much." You cried,the hot tears leaving a cool streak down your flushed cheeks, the action alone making John's heart throb.  You stopped still,your chest heaving up and down heavily from your emotional outburst,John's eyes sparkling with a mixture of love and lust.

Without second thinking,you both delved in and connected your lips, your bodies becoming like two magnets that couldn't pull away. Every single time you tried to leave John, leave this love, you fell back into him. You were ashamed of your self-control,yet you didn't care what people thought. You loved John and he loved you.

Once you had finally pulled away, you stared into each other's eyes and smiled. His warm blue eyes always settled your nerves.

"I can't offer you a house,a married life, a family,but I can offer you my love and the space of being my first choice. I love you, Y/N" John breathed against your lips,making you smile as the butterflies erupted once more in your stomach.

"I accept your offer,but if I am anything other than first choice,I will leave. I'm not one to settle for second best." You stated sternly before you sealed the deal with a kiss. "I love you too" you whispered and ran your hands over his stubble as he smirked.

~~~~

Omg this is so good! I actually love it so so so much! Go and show BubbleBaby893 some love!!!!